|Panama City, Panama|
|Slogan||Vívelo (Live it)|
|Channels||Analog: 2 VHF
Digital: 45 DVB-T
|Translators||(Ch.10) Chiriqui y Bocas
(Ch.6) Azuero y Cocle
(Ch.3) Colon y Darien
|Owner||Televisora Nacional S.A. (Sistema Nacional de Radio y Televisión)|
|First air date||April 23, 1962|
|Sister station(s)||TV Max|
TVN is a television network headquartered in Panama City, Panama, with repeaters throughout the country. The stations broadcast in the NTSC format and DVB-T for Panama City. In DVB-T format it is the only TV station in HD for most of the day and they also broadcast in a sub-channel two hours behind programming from the main channel(DVB-T only), being the first TV station to have this service.
Main programming consists of local news, telenovelas, and Panamanian reality shows called Produccion Nacional (national productions). TVN rarely broadcasts sports, however, they launched sister station TV Max channel 9 to specialize in those programs.
With help and participation from state-owned and foreign companies, the National Television and Radio System (Sistema Nacional de Radio y Televisión) awarded a license in 1957, with help from local entrepreneurs and broadcasts officially commenced on April 23, 1962.
In 1967, a mobile unit is acquired, thus allowing the expansion of live events and shows seen on TVN, like El Show del Mediodía, La Lotería and horse races from the Presidente Remón horse track.
In 1969, when the country was starting to use the satellite technology, it was amongst the first to air the moon landings. In 1972 it became the first channel in the country to air in color.
In 1978, TVN transmitted their first World Cup, but on delay; RPC had the rights to air it live.
The channel broadcasts telenovelas and news. The timeslot may vary.
The channel's schedule is the following:
- 5:00-5:15 to 5:49 - Stock programming, old programs
- 5:50 to 9:00am - TVN Noticias A.M.
- 9:00 to 12:00pm- Jelou (a morning television show)
- 12:00 to 1:00pm- TVN Noticias Mediodía
- 1:00 to 2:00pm - Al Rojo Vivo
- 2:00 to 4:00pm - Caso Cerrado
- 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm - Esto es guerra
- 5:50 to 8:00pm - TVN Noticias Estelar
- 8:00 to 9:00pm - Aventura de Carnaval
- 9:00 to 10:00pm - Amor Eterno
- 10:00 to 11:00pm - Sin senos si hay paraiso
- 11:00 to 12:00am - Noticias y mas
- La Cascara (since 1995, a humor show, Originally called "La Pepa TV")
- Hecho en Panama (since 1987, local folklore)
- Ellas y Tu (since 1999, women show)
- Los Reyes del Humor (since 1996 aka Poveda Show Jo!, humor show / stand up)
- Al Descubierto (since 2007, daily news)
TVN has a separate news division under the name of "TVN Noticias", which publishes daily news content to its website and to its television news programs, which are the following:
- Noticias AM (morning news) anchored by Castalia Pascual and Eduardo Lim Yueng
- Mediodia (noon news) anchored by Magda Maxwell and Gisela Tuñon
- Estelar (evening news) anchored by Siria Miranda and Jose Ricardo Muñoz
- Edición Final (nightly news) anchored by Luis Fernando del Rio