|Jim Samples (president)|
|Brands||TVN, TVN International, TVN24, TVN24 BiS, TVN 7, TVN Fabuła, TVN Style, TVN Turbo, TTV, Food Network, HGTV Home&Garden, Travel Channel|
TVN Group (TVN S.A.) is a Polish media and entertainment group established in 1995 as TVN Sp. z o.o. The current president of TVN Group is Jim Samples, who replaced Markus Tellenbach on July 13, 2016.
In 2004, with its debut on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, the company became a public limited company. In March 2015, U.S. broadcaster Scripps Networks Interactive bought a 52.7% majority stake in TVN for €584 million. In July 2015, SNI bought out TVN's remaining owners, ITI Group and Canal+ Group, for €584 million, giving it full ownership.
On 6 March 2018, SNI was, in turn, acquired by Discovery, Inc. for US$14.6 billion. Liberty Global, which operates pay television provider UPC Polska, is a major shareholder in Discovery. The European Commission thus required TVN to ensure that TVN24 and TVN24 BiS remain available to third-party television providers.
- TVN International
- TVN24 BiS
- TVN 7
- TVN Fabuła
- TVN Style
- TVN Turbo
- Food Network
- HGTV Home&Garden
- Travel Channel
- TVN +1
- TVN Wisła / TVN Południe (programming dedicated to Southern Poland (HQ in Kraków), merged with TVN in 2001)
- TVN Północ (programming dedicated to NoRthern Poland (HQ in Gdańsk), ceased broadcasting around 2000)
- TVN Łódź (programming dedicated to Łódź region, ceased broadcasting around 2000)
- TVN Warszawa (channel dedicated to the region of Warsaw, showing news and other programmes, now available only as internet webpage).
- TVN Gra ('game' or 'play'; channel only showing interactive game and quiz shows)
- TVN Meteo Active (channel focused on active, healthy lifestyle, recreation, fitness and rational nutrition; transformed from TVN Meteo)
- TVN Meteo
- TVN Lingua (channel dedicated to learning languages)
- TVN Med (a channel oriented towards physicians, which was only available to licensed practitioners)
- nFilm HD and nFilm HD 2 (channels showing movies in HD)
- Discovery TVN Historia (at present Discovery Historia, history channel produced with Discovery Channel)
- TVN CNBC (business channel produced with CNBC Europe)
- nSport HD (sports channel in high definition)
- nPremium HD, nPremium HD 2, nPremium HD 3, nPremium HD 4 (movie channels)
- Wojna i Pokój (Russian movies)
- Religia.tv (religion channel)
- Markus Tellenbach odchodzi z TVN, nowym prezesem Jim Samples – TVN – Wirtualnemedia.pl
- "Scripps buys majority stake in TVN". C21media. March 16, 2015. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- "Scripps Networks Interactive sfinalizował przejęcie TVN". Retrieved 2015-07-03.
- Dickens, Andrew (July 2, 2015). "Scripps completes TVN purchase". C21media. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- Szalai, Georg (March 6, 2018). "Discovery Closes Scripps Acquisition, Creating Non-scripted Content Giant". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- Szalai, Georg (July 31, 2017). "Discovery to Acquire Scripps Networks for $14.6 Billion". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- "Case M.8665 – Discovery / Scripps" (PDF). European Commission. February 6, 2018. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- "European Commission Clears Discovery Deal to Buy Scripps". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-03-07.