|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Launched||6 October 2007|
|Replaced||National Television (TVP3 Polska)|
|Digital terrestrial television||Channel 34|
|UPC Poland||Channel 320|
|Hot Bird 13C (Europe, Middle East, North Africa)||10719 V / 27500 / 3/4 (HD free-to-air)|
|Cyfrowy Polsat||Channel 65 (HD)|
|Platforma Canal+||Channel 15 (HD)|
|Orange Polska||Channel 24 (HD)|
TVP Info is a Polish free-to-air television news channel, run by the public broadcaster, state media TVP. It is focused on newscasts, airing nationwide news bulletins from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Its main offices are located at the TVP news compound in central Warsaw.
TVP Info replaced TVP3 and was launched October 2007. It has regional branches in most of the major Polish cities and, similarly to the France 3 in France or Rai Tre in Italy, for a couple of hours every day it broadcasts regional programming, including local news and reports in sixteen versions. These were transferred to the revived TVP Regionalna (which later was renamed TVP3 again) in September 2013.
Just weeks after winning the 2015 parliamentary elections, the conservative Law and Justice party passed a media law in December 2015 giving the government direct control over public broadcasting. It is fully controlled by polish right winged government.  Since then, TVP Info has been criticised for strong pro-government bias.
TVP Info broadcasts news bulletins every half an hour around the clock. In addition during the day it broadcasts current affairs programs:
- Poranek Info (Info Morning - morning news)
- Pogoda Info (Info Weather - Polish and European forecasts)
- Serwis Info Poranek (Morning Info Service - live news segment every half hour during Poranek Info)
- Info Biznes (Business Info - business news)
- Serwis Info Dzień (Info Day Service - midday news)
- Sport Info (sports news)
- Minęła 20 (Eight p.m. 20 - talk show)
- Reportaż TVP INFO (reports)
- Panorama Info (main news program)
- Info Wieczór (Evening Info - evening news)
- Debata TVP INFO (Debate TVP INFO - weekly news debate, airing on Saturday two or three times a month)
- Wiadomości (News - TVP1 main news program)
- Teleexpress (TVP1 second news program)
- Panorama (TVP2 main news program)
TVP Info has been broadcast in 16:9 since 23 February 2011. Its HD simulcast feed was launched on 30 September 2016 on digital terrestrial television and on 5 April 2017 on Hot Bird satellite. The SD feed was closed down there on 21 April 2017.
Broadcasting via Astra 19.2°E started in 2005, but was discontinued on 31 December 2014 due to economic issues.
TVP Info HD
The first media reports about TVP Info HD appeared in December 2014, which were confirmed in March 2015 by TVP president Juliusz Braun. On 15 February 2016, TVP President Jacek Kurski announced in a media interview that he planned to launch TVP Info HD. In the night of 18 to 19 July 2016, due to the planned launch of TVP Info HD on the third digital terrestrial television multiplex, TVP Polonia was replaced.
On 26 September 2016, TVP announced that the station would broadcast in HD resolution starting 30 September 2016. As per that date, TVP Info HD was available via the multiplex of the third digital terrestrial television and in cable networks. Via satellite, only the SD feed could be tuned in until 5 April 2017. On 5 April 2017 at 1:00 pm, TVP Info HD started broadcasting via satellite. On 20 April 2017, TVP Info was shut down its SD feed.
According to TVP president Jacek Kurski, the channel is set to begin broadcasting in 1080i50 in early 2018, accompanied by a change of the scenery for the main studio of TVP Info.
- "Poland : Media freedom and pluralism in jeopardy | Reporters without borders". RSF (in French). Retrieved 2017-07-15.
- "Polish media veers back to pre-1989". POLITICO. 2016-07-11. Retrieved 2017-07-15.
- Janusz Sulisz (2014-12-17). "Będzie TVP Kultura HD, TVP Info HD i TVP Dokument? | TVP – SATKurier.pl" (in Polish). Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- Anita Kaźmierska (2015-03-31). "TVP chce być operatorem MUX 8. TVP Info HD w MUX 3 | TV naziemna – świat – SATKurier.pl" (in Polish). Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- "TVP Info w HD pojawi się na multipleksie". wirtualnemedia.pl. 2016-02-16. Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- Telewizja Polska SA – OMI (2016-07-14). "TVP Info w jakości HD, TVP Polonia opuszcza MUX-3 – Telewizja Polska S.A. – tvp.pl". centruminformacji.tvp.pl. Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- Łukasz Knapik (2016-09-29). "TVP Info HD już nadaje | TVP – SATKurier.pl" (in Polish). satkurier.pl. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Jacek Grzeszczak (2017-04-04). "TVP Info HD już na satelicie | TVP - SATKurier.pl". SATKurier.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "TVP Info bez emisji w SD z satelity | TVP - SATKurier.pl". SATKurier.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-04-24.
- "TVP1, TVP2, TVP Info i TVP Sport na satelicie wyłącznie w HD [akt.] | TVP - SATKurier.pl". SATKurier.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- Telewizja Polska SA - OMI. "Wyższa jakość kanałów TVP - Telewizja Polska S.A. - tvp.pl". centruminformacji.tvp.pl. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Kurski o jesiennej ramówce TVP: kolejny krok do odbudowy pozycji prestiżu na rynku telewizyjnym" (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-08-27.