|Closed||15 September 2012|
|Owned by||Televiziunea Română|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.2% (Dec 2008, )|
|Sister channel(s)||TVR1, TVR2, TVR3, TVR Info, TVRi, TVR HD|
|EUTELSAT W2/16° EST. Transponder D1; Reception Frequency: 11.471 MHz, polarity: verticală; SR: 29,950 Msymbol/sec; FEC: 3/4|
|UPC Romania||Channel 21 (digital with DVR)
Channel 12 (digital)
TVR Cultural was the cultural channel of Romania's government-funded television network Televiziunea Română.It provided cultural news, documentaries about the arts, as well as various shows, musicals and theatrical pieces. It was closed in September 2012.
Due to the financial crisis in which Romanian Television is immersed, Claudiu Saftoiu, president of TVR, decided to stop broadcasting in the summer of 2012. There is growing criticism  of this decision, which comes at a time when other public broadcasters in the Central and Eastern Europe, including Poland’s Telewizja Polska and the Czech Republic’s Česká televize, "are planning to add to their channel portfolios" .
- "ARMA 2008_12" (PDF). ARMA.
- state owned TVR to close down two channels, layoff staff in attempt to save money Romania-Insider
- Claudiu Saftoiu: huge losses of TVR require reorganization Financial Magazine
- Romanians protest against ditched TVR channel Advanced Television
- Decision to stop the emission of TVR Cultural illustrates the crisis of values Nine O’Clock
- Remote control protest organized in Bucharest against closing state-owned culture TV channelRomania Insider
- TVR to close two channels Broadband TV News