|Launched||1 June 2011|
|Owned by||Alhijrah Media Corporation
(Prime Minister's Department)
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)
1080i (16:9 HDTV)
|Slogan||TV Kita Untuk Semua (Our television for all; 2011 - present) Islam is First Class (2016 - present) Rapatkan Saf (2016/17 - present)|
|Analogue||Channel 55 (UHF) (Klang Valley, Selangor and Ipoh)|
|MYTV (Malaysia)||Channel 104 (HD)
|Astro||Channel 114 (SD)|
|Astro NJOI||Channel 114 (SD) |
|ABNXcess||Channel 105 (SD)|
|HyppTV||Channel 114 (HD)|
TV Alhijrah (stylised as TV ALHIJRAH) is a state-owned free-to-air television network in Malaysia, which is owned and operated by Al Hijrah Media Corporation, a government owned company. It broadcasts from its headquarters in Islamic Centre, Kuala Lumpur. It was officially launched as it started broadcasting on 1 June 2011 as TV AlHijrah is known as the first free-to-air Islamic and HD television station in Malaysia. TV AlHijrah broadcasts for 18 hours in daily from 06:00 until 00:00. It utilises HDTV technology for broadcasting. It is the Malaysia’s second semi-government television station after Bernama TV (now Bernama News Channel).
TV AlHijrah currently broadcasts via UHF (Ultra High Frequency), which located on various frequency across Malaysia. TV AlHijrah is also available on Astro on channel 114 (SDTV format) it was officially launched and began broadcasting nationwide on 1 June 2011 and UniFi on channel 114 (HDTV format) originally as a SDTV only feed but was later changed to the HDTV version of the channel. The channel's broadcast on UniFi is started on 28 March 2012.
For a short time on 2011, some of its programmes that were made in HDTV except live programmes and news were cropped into 14:9 aspect ratio. Sometimes this was incorrectly cropped when it broadcasts a 4:3 aspect ratio programme. This was later permanently corrected to 4:3 after that period.
Originally, TV AlHijrah started plans for television transmission since 1 July 2010 based in Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia's population is 60% Muslim. Even though Astro satellite television have their own Islamic TV channel called Astro Oasis, most Muslims do not have access to the channel due to Astro Oasis being on pay TV and not free-to-air. Therefore, the free-to-air Islamic TV channel has been suggested by Tun Abdullah (Ex PM) in conjunction with the announcement of his Islam Hadhari agenda.
TV AlHijrah received its first full broadcast when it was launched by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato' Sri Haji Mohammad Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak and Jamil Khir Baharom, Minister in Prime Minister's Department (Islamic Affairs) on 1 June 2011 at 13:00 MST. TV AlHijrah is operated by Al Hijrah Media Corporation, Malaysian government owned company under the Department of Islamic Affairs of Malaysia (JAKIM). Currently, its broadcasts for 18 hours daily, from 06:00 MST to 00:00 MST. During the holy month of Ramadhan, its broadcasts give way for live Tarawih prayers from Makkah and religious program before Fajr prayers.
For the time being, TV AlHijrah can be watched in certain areas of Malaysia via analogue transmission. The broadcast area as state, DTT, satellite TV and IPTV below:
- Alor Setar (UHF 32) (559.25 MHz)
- Klang Valley, Selangor and parts of Perak, Negeri Sembilan and Pahang (UHF 55) (743.25 MHz)
- Ipoh (UHF 55) (743.25 MHz)
- Kuala Terengganu (UHF 41) (631.25 MHz)
- Kuantan (UHF 22) (479.25 MHz)
- Mersing and parts of Pahang, Kota Tinggi and Segamat (UHF 40) (623.25 MHz)
- Kuching (UHF 37) (599.25 MHz)
- Kota Kinabalu (UHF 37) (599.25 MHz)
- Kota Bharu (UHF 48) (687.25MHz)
- Astro (Channel 114) (SD)
- HyppTV (Channel 114) (HD)
- ABNXcess (Channel 105) (SD)
- MYTV (Channel 104) (HD) (Test transmission)
- "TV Al Hijrah to promote new medium in Islamic propagation". The Star (English)
- "TV AL HIJRAH ON ASTRO CHANNEL 114 STARTING JUNE 1". Yahoo! News Malaysia (English)
- "Malaysia launches new Islamic TV channel". Al Arabiya Net (English)
- "MYTV statement on Facebook (Malay)". 13 May 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "MYTV Broadcasting Digital TV Trial". 6 June 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "Channels - TV, Radio dan Prabayar (official list of all channels available on NJOI)".