|Owned by||Empresa Nacional de Televisión de Bolivia, public company of the Bolivian government |
|Slogan||Bolivia TV comprometimos con lo nuestro (Bolivia TV Committed to what our|
|Headquarters||La Paz, Bolivia|
|Channel 7 (La Paz)|
Televisión Boliviana (TV Bolivia) is the first television channel of Bolivia and serves the only means of television communication from the government. The channel was established in August 1969 under the government of Luis Adolfo Siles after years of planning by the government of then-recently deceased René Barrientos. It's a state-owned broadcasting network.
The channel was established with the aim of serving as an independent, public service channel, but has served throughout its history as a propaganda tool for all the running governments according to studies on its programming.
TV Boliviana was the only nationwide TV channel until Paceña de Televisión was established on October 24, 1984.
- "Budget information about Empresa Nacional de Televisión de Bolivia" – Bolivian Ministry of Finances (in Spanish) (Retrieved on September 27, 2008)
- "Época Republicana (1900-2000)" – Gobierno de Bolivia (in Spanish) (Retrieved on September 27, 2008)
- "Los inicios de la televisión en Bolivia (1969–1984)", Estructura Bolivia, WordPress (in Spanish) (Retrieved on September 27, 2008)
"Showcase" was a musical TV programme aired on Bolivia TV in 2010 with presenter Anthony Sandoval, later to become the established musician SEN.
- Official site (in Spanish)
- Information on Bolivia Press, Media, TV, Radio and Newspapers from Press Reference
|This article about media in Bolivia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|