TV Champion (video game)
This section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2012)
The entire game is in Japanese. Literacy is required to understand the rules and to properly play the game. Players have the ability to collect rice in a dish, collect food items to return to their goal post, or do even wackier stunts like pachinko under a strict time limit. All players must eventually win the "Gluttony Championship."
Despite popular opinion, there are no trivia questions to be answered in the game. The video game is intended for fans of the show who want to virtually appear on their television show without having to go through the audition process. These people are devoted fanatics of fast-paced physical stunt shows like on the American television series Fear Factor. The player can choose between a male character or a female character. The object is to make it through three rounds of gameplay.
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- "Additional release information" (in Portuguese). ClassicGamimg.com.br. Archived from the original on 2013-04-23. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Basic game overview". Musee des Jeux Video. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Advanced game overview" (in Japanese). Teacup.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "Password information". Tamahobby. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- NEW GAMES CROSS REVIEW: TVチャンピオン. Weekly Famicom Tsūshin. No.307. Pg.41. 4 November 1994.
- TV Champion at SFC no Game Seiha Shimasho