TV Hits (Australian TV channel)
|Launched||1 January 2014|
|Owned by||Foxtel Networks|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Sister channel(s)||111 Greats
The Comedy Channel
The LifeStyle Channel
|Timeshift service||TV Hits + 2|
Channel 149 (+ 2)
Channel 149 (+ 2)
|Foxtel Play||Channel 101|
|Foxtel Go||Channel 101|
In August 2013, it was announced that Foxtel had failed to complete negotiations with the TV1 General Entertainment Partnership for a new carriage deal for their channel TV1 (an Australian general entertainment channel), and would ultimately replace it with another general entertainment channel once TV1's carriage deal had expired. It was announced in October that TV Hits, a channel owned and operated by Foxtel Networks, would replace TV1 on 1 January 2014.
On 1 January 2014, the channel launched on pay television provider Foxtel (which included its streaming service Foxtel Go as well as its IPTV service Foxtel Play) as well as on Australian IPTV provider FetchTV.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- CSI: Miami
- CSI: New York
- Entertainment Now
- Hawaii Five-0
- Law & Order
- The Mentalist
- NCIS: Los Angeles
- Under the Dome
- Without a Trace
- Packed to the Rafters
From January 2014-October 2015, TV HITS aired proper sitcoms, all the sitcoms moved to 111 from 1 November 2015:
- Everybody Loves Raymond
- How I Met Your Mother
- Mike & Molly
- The Nanny
- That '70s Show
- Two And A Half Men
- "Summer Channel Changes". Foxtel. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Knox, David (16 October 2013). "TV Hits channel to join Foxtel". TV Tonight. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Mediaweek Australia – News – TV1 to disappear from Foxtel platform". Media Week. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- Groves, Don (17 October 2013). "Foxtel preps entertainment net". C21. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "Foxtel's TVH!TS is the new channel destination for TV's greatest hits from Wednesday, January 1". 16 December 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- FetchTV (16 December 2013). "Fetch TV". Facebook. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Davidson, Darren (16 December 2013). "Fetch muscles up before a Foxtel grab". The Australian. Retrieved 3 January 2014.