TV Patrol Bicol
|TV Patrol Bicol|
Nagbabareta asin Nagsisirbi Saen Man sa Bicol
|Created by||ABS-CBN Regional Network Group|
|Developed by||ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs Monday-Friday)|
|Running time||40 minutes|
|Original network||ABS-CBN TV-11 Naga|
|Original release||July 1, 1996 – present|
TV Patrol Bicol is the local news program of the ABS-CBN Regional Network Group in the Bicol Region. The newscast is done in a tabloid-style format. The program delivers news headlines about the current events in the Bicol Region using the Central Bikol language as a medium of delivery.
It is aired live daily from ABS-CBN Newscenter Naga at 5:00 PM, from Monday to Friday, simulcast over ABS-CBN TV-4 Legazpi, TV-10 Daet and Masbate, TV-7 Sorsogon and Virac, and on radio via MOR 93.5 Naga and MOR 93.9 Legazpi.
As TV Patrol Naga
Originally, TV Patrol Bicol (which was later retitled as TV Patrol Naga) covers the provinces Camarines Norte and Camarines Sur, southern parts of Quezon province, northwest parts of Northern Samar and some parts of the Bicol region from its inception on July 1, 1996 with Frankie Evangelista as its pioneering anchor and was aired only on TV-11 Naga.
As TV Patrol Legazpi
Months after the launch of TV Patrol Naga, TV Patrol Legazpi was launched on June 16, 1997 with Harry Ebio, Jane Bermundo Hernandez, and Rose Olarte-Orbita as pioneering anchors. It focuses to the entire Albay, Masbate, and Sorsogon provinces and delivered in Albay Bikol language. On November 25, 2005, the newscast was cancelled. Despite cancelling the said newscast, ABS-CBN Channel 4 continues to deliver news via hourly bulletins with Jose Carretero as its anchor.
As TV Patrol Bicol
On November 28, 2005, the two newscasts were merged and retitled as TV Patrol Bicol, from TV Patrol Naga and TV Patrol Legazpi which now airs in the whole Bicol Region.
Area of Coverage
- Naga and Camarines Sur
- Daet and Camarines Norte
- Virac and Catanduanes
- Legazpi City and Albay
- Sorsogon City and Sorsogon
- Masbate City and Masbate (also covered by TV Patrol Panay, TV Patrol Central Visayas, and TV Patrol Tacloban)
- Southern parts of Quezon (mainly served by TV Patrol Southern Tagalog)
- Parts of Northern Samar (mainly served by TV Patrol Tacloban)
- Gerard Lorbes
- Rizza Mostar-Santos
- Jose Carretero - he is also a sit-in co-anchor for Gerard Lorbes
- Mylce Mella - she is a sit-in co-anchor for Rizza Mostar.
- Karren Canon
- Thea Omelan
- Erick Baldo
- Kate Delovieres
- Rona Nunez
- Allan Olivares
- Michelle Villanueva
Past reporters & anchors
- Faye Enciso
- Kay Madrid
- Anjelo San Buenaventura
- Cyril Diocos Toralde
- Frankie Evangelista - He made time outside the anchor duties of the national TV Patrol to be the pioneer anchor of the newscast.
- Amy Villafuerte - She is an ABS-CBN Bicol station manager and the first female anchor of the newscast.
- Dominique Borja
- Elmer Caseles - A former male anchor of the newscast, former anchor of GMA Bicol newscast Baretang Bikol/24 Oras Bikol, and former correspondent of CNN Philippines.
- Woodrow Francia - He is now the station manager of ABS-CBN Batangas.
- Lyn Niebla
- Issa Borromeo
- AJ Apuyan
- Jane Bermundo Hernandez
- Harry Ebio
- Christina Sumayao (1996-2003)
- Macel Ingles
- Sarita Kare-Telado - A former anchor of TV Patrol Southern Tagalog
- Monina Avila-Llorin
- Rod Macenas - She is now an ABS-CBN News Manila reporter.
- Rose Olarte Orbita
- Aireen Perol-Jaymalin - Current News Head
- Alwin Llovit
- Zaldy Manzanillo
- Santi Arana
- Pierre Dela Pena
- Cate Madrid
- Jao Romero
- Cherrie Tinoko
- Jonathan Magistrado