TV Patrol Palawan
|TV Patrol Palawan|
|Created by||ABS-CBN Regional Network Group|
|Developed by||ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs|
|Presented by||Jay Zabanal|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs Monday-Friday)|
|Running time||40 minutes|
|Original network||ABS-CBN TV-7 Palawan|
|Original release||April 14, 1997-February 24, 2006 (as Palawan TV Patrol)
June 27, 2011 – present
TV Patrol Palawan (formerly Palawan TV Patrol) is a local news program of the ABS-CBN Regional Network Group in Palawan, an island province, which is part of Mimaropa in the Philippines but doesn't belong to the coverage area of TV Patrol Southern Tagalog. The newscast delivers news headlines about current events in Palawan's capital Puerto Princesa City and its surrounding areas similar to TV Patrol Negros. It is aired live daily from ABS-CBN TV-7 Newscenter Palawan at 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. It is also on radio via DYAP Radyo Patrol 765 Palawan. TV Patrol Palawan is the first and official news program of ABS-CBN in Palawan. TV Patrol Palawan has been given a Special Citation for Best Regional News Program in the 2014 UPLB Gandingan Awards, and was a finalist for the Best News Program (Provincial) in the 2013 KBP's Golden Dove Awards.
- 1 History
- 2 Area of Coverage
- 3 Anchors
- 4 Reporters
- 5 Previous Anchors & Reporters
- 6 Segments
- 7 Former Segments
- 8 Awards and Recognitions
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
As Palawan TV Patrol (1997–2006)
As part of its expansion in the various regions of the Philippines, ABS-CBN set up various regional stations and affiliates all around Luzon in 1996. That year, ABS-CBN had an affiliate station in Palawan through DYPR-TV, owned by the Palawan Broadcasting Corporation established in 1965, and launched then named Palawan TV Patrol on DYPR-TV.
In 2002, Palawan TV Patrol aired what was later known as the last TV interview of ABS-CBN personality Rico Yan who arrived at Palawan for the Holy Week break days before his untimely death. Footage was re-aired on ANC days after his death.
In 2006, Palawan TV Patrol covered what was known as the worst kind of flooding to hit Palawan. On February 24 of the same year, the newscast ended its 9-year run.
As TV Patrol Palawan (2011-present)
Following the relaunch of ABS-CBN Palawan is the return of its local newscast as TV Patrol Palawan, which premiered on October 7, 2011. Kris Saunar was the first anchor, later joined by Butch Mendizabal. Saunar has first special assignment in abroad for interviewed the Palaweno OFW's that they have a business even they are outside of our country. Mendizabal has two special assignment about the two giant crocodiles named " Valentino and Valentina " caught in the town of Bataraza last February 14, 2012 or Valentine's Day, and the Tapping of the Cast of Born Legacy in the Town of Coron, he has a segment called Ronda Probinsya, it is about the news and issues of every Province in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao that happens when there is an accident, crime, main events, and even the problems of the community. Saunar and Mendizabal both left the program in April 2012.
Zabanal–Dela Cruz era
In May 2012, reporters Lynette dela Cruz, a proud Cuyonon, and Jay Zabanal a native of Palawan with Agutaynon roots, replaced Saunar and Mendizabal, respectively.
Dela Cruz currently presents two segments called Choose Palawan: Sariling Atin, it's about the beauty and full of nature of places and also, they represent their food, souvenirs, and other products made in Palawan, and Homework, which teaches basic Cuyonon, a native language in Palawan, while Zabanal presents a segment called Abante Palawan Special Report, it's about the problems of the community that they need to resolve like Electricity Shortage and Bullying of Other High School Students in Palawan National School.
Every Friday, the program broadcasts outside the studio in every barangay in Palawan, with a segment called Barangay Patrol.
TV Patrol Palawan is anchored by experienced Puerto Princesa news anchor Jay Zabanal replaced Lynette dela Cruz as his co-anchor, respectively. Dela Cruz left the newscast from July 31, 2015, but she is currently a reporter. Zabanal is the solo anchor from August 3, even Lynette herself is the sit in anchor. On January 16, 2017, TV Patrol Palawan updated its logo and graphics and its lower thirds are changed to Gotham font to match the national TV Patrol. This is the tenth newscast to update its graphics, similar to the national newscast after TV Patrol Southern Mindanao since January 2 and TV Patrol Southern Tagalog since January 9.
Area of Coverage
- Jay Zabanal
- Lynette Dela Cruz
- Hazel Salas
- Rex Ruta
- Diana Lat
- Cherry Camacho
- Chinee Palatino
Previous Anchors & Reporters
As TV Patrol Palawan
- Kris Saunar - First Anchor on its soft launch in June 2011. Currently as a CNN Philippines Correspondent.
- Butch Mendizabal - First Co-Anchor & Executive Producer.
- Edinel Magtibay
- Efraim Canoy
- Alpha Dellosa
- Claire Bernaldez (now on GMA Cebu)
- Benjie Flores
- Leila Gabinete
- Krystal Olo
- Alex Beronio
- Monica Paclarin
- Arlie Cabrestante
As Palawan TV Patrol
- Rouel Caralipio (now on DZIP-AM 864 kHz Radyo Palaweño)
- Leny Escaro
- Jofel Tesorio
- Lourdes Escaros Paet (now on RMN Manila) (1997-2006)
- Ed Sepida
- John Paul Dacoco (now on 103.1 Brigada news fm)
- Sandy Madarcos
- Christopher Barrientos
- Aries Abuque
- Mian Rondina
- Rea Mamogay
- Joel Contrivida
- Ruth Rodriguez
- Balitang Bayan (Local News)
- Kalikasan Patrol (Environment News)
- Bantay Kalusugan (Health News)
- Bayan Mo, Ipatrol Mo (Community Report)
- Pulis Patrol (Police Report)
- Presyo Ngayon (Price Today)
- Sari-Saring Kwento (Feature News)
- Choose Palawan Sariling Atin
- Alisto Palaweno
- Lingkod Kapamilya (Public Service)
- Homework (Translate to Cuyonon language)
- BaliTalino (Trivia)
- Kapamilya Barangayan
- Star Patrol
- Barangay Patrol - Every Friday
- Boses ng Palawan
- Abante Palawan Special Report (Also be heard on DYAP 765 Palawan)
Awards and Recognitions
UPLB Gandingan Awards
- "ABS-CBN, DZMM, and MOR 101.9 named Best Stations at 2014 UPLB Gandingan Awards". ABS-CBNNews.com. ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "DZMM at ABS-CBN programs, humakot ng parangal sa Gandingan Awards". DZMM-AM. ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- TV Patrol Palawan
- ABS-CBN News: ABS-CBN Palawan's Kori Quintos Reporting on Palawan Diarrhea Outbreak
- Palawan TV Patrol Coverage on 2005 Palawan Floods
- Palawan TV Patrol Report on Palawan-Sabah Trade
- Palawan TV Patrol Report on Puerto Princesa Coastal Renewal
- Palawan TV Patrol Report on New Airport of Palawan Town of San Vicente