Time Warner Cable Sports Channel (Wisconsin)
|Time Warner Cable Sports Channel|
|Owned by||Time Warner Cable (2007-2016)
Charter Communications (2016-present)
|Broadcast area||Milwaukee, Wisconsin & surrounding areas, Northeast Wisconsin|
|Formerly called||Time Warner Sports Milwaukee (February 2007-June 2008), Time Warner Cable Sports 32 (June 2008-January 2013)|
|Time Warner Cable Milwaukee, Green Bay, Appleton systems||32 (SD)
Time Warner Cable Sports Channel is a regional sports network owned by Charter Communications through its acquisition of Time Warner Cable, including its Milwaukee and Eastern Wisconsin cable franchises, in May 2016. Broadcasting on Channel 32 exclusively on Time Warner systems in the Milwaukee and Green Bay/Fox Cities areas, the channel launched in February 2007. This is not to be confused with WACY, Green Bay's actual broadcast Channel 32, which airs on TWC channel 83 on Northeastern Wisconsin systems.
Currently the channel features a mix of local sports roundtable discussion shows, UW-Milwaukee Panthers sporting events, programs featuring the former sports directors of several local television stations and newspapers, coaches' shows, high school sports, and other minor professional sports within the Milwaukee and Green Bay franchise areas of Time Warner Cable. Until 2013 the network also aired Marquette Golden Eagles sports, including men's college basketball games from ESPN Plus, rebroadcasts of ESPN Marquette games, other Marquette sports, and archived Marquette sports programming; this was discontinued that year due to the new Big East Conference contract with Fox Sports 1 which will see some games sub-licensed to Fox Sports Wisconsin locally, and the athletic department considering taking their coach's shows online-only or discontinuing them altogether.
On May 18, 2016, Charter completed its merger with Time Warner Cable, after an earlier attempt by Comcast to merge with Time Warner had failed the year before, placing the network and Time Warner Cable's Milwaukee operations under the control of Charter. Currently unknown is what TWCSC's future branding will be, or when Charter will add it to their existing systems in Wisconsin.
The following shows are broadcast and produced by Time Warner Cable SportsChannel:
- The Roundtable – A roundtable show featuring TWC SportsChannel's Sports Director Dennis Krause and state sports journalists. Airs weeknights.
- Dennis Krause Show - A half-hour profile show with Krause interviewing sports coaches and former Wisconsin sports greats.
- Sports32 Weekly – Weekly round-up of high school, college, or professional, premieres Tuesdays.
- Timber Rattlers Field Pass - Program featuring stories, news and profiles involving Appleton's minor league baseball team, the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.
- The Rob Jeter Show – Official weekly coach's show for Milwaukee men's basketball coach Rob Jeter, with Bill Johnson.
- The Keith Tozer Show – A weekly show involving the XSL indoor soccer league and the Milwaukee Wave, featuring Wave coach Keith Tozer, with Dennis Krause.
The following sporting events are carried by Sports32:
- High school athletics
- Milwaukee Panthers athletics
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers baseball
- Milwaukee Admirals hockey
- Green Bay Gamblers hockey
- Milwaukee Wave indoor soccer
- Green Bay Blizzard arena football
- Milwaukee Iron arena football
Other shows that air on Sports32:
- Milwaukee Admirals All-Access
- Milwaukee Iron Coach's Show
- On the Water Adventures
- Hunter's Exchange
- John Gillespies Waters & Woods
- Midwest Classic Golf with Tom Sutton
- Kirchen, Rich (19 September 2013). "Buzz Williams show, MU games exit Time Warner SportsChannel". The Business Journal of Milwaukee. Retrieved 22 September 2013.