TW postcode area
Postcode district boundaries:
|Postcode area name|
|Statistics as at May 2020|
The TW postcode area, also known as the Twickenham postcode area, is a group of twenty postcode districts in south-east England, within thirteen post towns. These cover parts of south-west London and north-west Surrey, plus a very small part of Berkshire.
Mail for this area is sorted at the Jubilee Mail Centre, Hounslow,[n 1] and the area served includes most of the London Boroughs of Richmond upon Thames and Hounslow, the southernmost part of the London Borough of Hillingdon (including Heathrow Airport) and very small parts of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames. In Surrey it covers virtually all of the borough of Spelthorne, the northern part of the borough of Runnymede and very small parts of the borough of Elmbridge, and in Berkshire it covers the village of Wraysbury in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
The coverage of the postcode districts, naming all localities[n 2] :
|Postcode district||Post town||Coverage||Local authority area(s)|
|TW1||TWICKENHAM||Twickenham, St. Margarets, Strawberry Hill (east)||Richmond upon Thames, Hounslow|
|TW2||TWICKENHAM||Twickenham (west)[n 3], Whitton, Strawberry Hill (west), Fulwell (north)||Richmond upon Thames|
|TW3||HOUNSLOW||Hounslow, Lampton, Whitton (north)||Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames|
|TW4||HOUNSLOW||Hounslow West, Hounslow Heath, Whitton (west), Cranford (south)||Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames|
|TW5||HOUNSLOW||Heston, Cranford (north), Osterley (west)||Hounslow|
|TW7||ISLEWORTH||Isleworth, Osterley (east and centre), Whitton (north-east)||Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames|
|TW8||BRENTFORD||Brentford, Kew Bridge, Syon Park, Brentford Ait||Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames[n 4]|
|TW9||RICHMOND||Richmond, Kew, North Sheen (north)||Richmond upon Thames|
|TW10||RICHMOND||Ham, Petersham, Richmond Hill, North Sheen (south), Richmond Park||Richmond upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames[n 5]|
|TW11||TEDDINGTON||Teddington, Fulwell (east), Bushy Park||Richmond upon Thames|
|TW12||HAMPTON||Hampton, Hampton Hill, Fulwell (west)||Richmond upon Thames|
|TW13||FELTHAM||Feltham (south of the railway line), Hanworth||Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames|
|TW14||FELTHAM||Feltham (north of the railway line), North Feltham, East Bedfont, Hatton||Hounslow, Hillingdon, Spelthorne|
|TW16||SUNBURY-ON-THAMES||Sunbury-on-Thames||Spelthorne, Elmbridge[n 6], Richmond upon Thames[n 7]|
|TW17||SHEPPERTON||Shepperton, Upper Halliford, Charlton, Littleton||Spelthorne, Elmbridge[n 8]|
|TW18||STAINES-UPON-THAMES||Staines-upon-Thames, Egham Hythe, Laleham||Spelthorne, Runnymede, Windsor and Maidenhead|
|TW19||STAINES-UPON-THAMES||Stanwell, Stanwell Moor, Wraysbury, Sunnymeads, Hythe End||Spelthorne, Windsor and Maidenhead, Hillingdon|
|TW20||EGHAM||Egham, Englefield Green, Thorpe||Runnymede|
Notes and references
- Mail was previously sorted at Rugby Road, Twickenham.
- In accordance with WP:UKTOWNS and WP:UKVILLAGES naming settlements with individual articles, excluding sub-neighbourhoods of estates contained in those towns.
- Twickenham Green and Heathfield, neighbourhoods of Twickenham, are in TW2.
- Brentford Ait, which is uninhabited, is in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames.
- A small part of Ham, in TW10, is in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames.
- Large residential island Wheatley's Ait, in TW16, is mostly in Elmbridge.
- Ten riverside houses in TW16 are in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames.
- Part of residential island Shepperton Lock Island, in TW17, is in Elmbridge.
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. May 2020. Table 2. Retrieved 19 June 2020. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- Spelthorne Planning Map
- Formerly "STAINES". "New sectors and localities to 20 July 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 20 July 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 December 2013. Retrieved 18 August 2012.