T: The New York Times Style Magazine
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Former editors||Deborah Needleman|
|Frequency||11 times a year|
|First issue||August 2004|
|Company||The New York Times|
|Based in||New York City|
T: The New York Times Style Magazine is a perfect-bound magazine dedicated to fashion, living, beauty, holiday, travel and design coverage. The magazine was launched in August 2004. Since January 2017, it has been scheduled to publish 11 times a year (previously 13 in between 2013-2016), and distributed within the Sunday edition of The New York Times newspaper. Since December 2007, an international edition has been distributed with the weekend edition of the International New York Times (formerly the International Herald Tribune). Janet Froelich was creative director until 2009.
T is not a supplement of The New York Times Magazine, but a distinct publication with its own staff. In 2010, it launched its first country specific edition with T Qatar.
Monaghan departed T in 2015 and in March 2016, former Women's Health Associate Publisher, Elizabeth Webbe Lunny joined the magazine as Vice President and Publisher.
Deborah Needleman left T in late November 2016, after four years in the position. Executive editor Whitney Vargas was filling in for Needleman in the interim, but Vargas left the magazine in February. And T's previous articles editor Nick Haramis recently took the job of editor-in-chief of Interview magazine. T magazine does not currently have an editor-in-chief.
Under Needleman’s leadership, T underwent a redesign and increased its ad pages.The luxury magazine had its ad pages grow by 30% in the first three quarters of 2016, compared to the same period in 2012, to 934 pages, according to Business of Fashion.
Since the editorial departures, T’s advertising business under Lunny has largely been down with steep declines in paging in key 2017 Women’s & Men’s Spring Fashion issues.
- Steigrad, Alexandra (2017-03-17). "T Magazine Quietly Reduces Frequency as Editor in Chief Search Continues". WWD. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "Redesigned T Magazine Franchise to Launch in 2013". The New York Times. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "The New York Times Names Two New Vice Presidents of Advertising". The New York Times. 22 October 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "'NYT' 'T' Magazine Reduces Frequency To 11 Issues/Year". www.mediapost.com. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "Deborah Needleman Departs T Magazine". The Business of Fashion. 2016-11-21. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "T Magazine's New Editor: From Glossies to Global Vision". The New York Times. 21 August 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2018.