Location of Taşkent within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Ali İhsan Camgöz (SP)|
|• District||595.38 km2 (229.88 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,363 m (4,472 ft)|
|• District density||12/km2 (30/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Taşkent, formerly Pirlerkondu, is a town and district of Konya Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. It literally means The Stone City. According to 2000 census, population of the district is 46,396 of which 10,779 live in the town of Taşkent.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (in Turkish). Archived from the original (XLS) on 2007-07-22. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Taşkent, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (in Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Konya Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|