Taťána Kuchařová during Miss World 2007
|Home town||Opočno, Czech Republic|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Title||Miss Czech Republic 2006|
Miss World 2006
Ondřej Brzobohatý (m. 2016)
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Czech Republic 2006|
Miss World 2006
Taťána Kuchařová (Czech pronunciation: [ˈtacaːna kuxaˈr̝ovaː]; born 23 December 1987) is a Czech actress, dancer, model and beauty queen who won the title of Miss Czech Republic and Miss World 2006. In doing so, she made history to become the first woman from the Czech Republic ever to win the title at the final event of the Miss World competition, held on 30 September 2006, in Warsaw, Poland. She finished in second place in StarDance, the Czech version of Dancing with the Stars, in 2013.
Kuchařová was born on 23 December 1987 in Czechoslovakia. Her hometown is Trnava, nowadays located in Slovakia. Currently she lives in Opočno, a small town in the north of the Czech Republic. In 2006, aged 18, whilst studying at a grammar school, Taťána competed in the Czech Miss 2006 competition, and won it. This triumph guaranteed the participation in Miss World, which took place in Warsaw. Kuchařová won Miss World too, which made her well-known all over the world.
Miss World 2006
Kuchařová beat 103 other women in voting among a panel of judges and from television viewers around the world during a two-hour finals ceremony in the Polish capital, where the president of Warsaw watched the finals, and presented the new Miss World with a scroll, dubbing her as an honorary ambassador of Warsaw, and asking her to carry a message of peace around the world.
Kuchařová, a 177 cm tall high-school student with long blond hair, was born in Trnava, Slovakia and grew up in the town of Opočno, Czech Republic. She told the judges that she wants to attend university and then become a model, which she hopes will enable her to travel.
In December 2006 she appeared in a fashion video, directed and produced by Alexander Schukoff in Vienna for Fashion TV.
Taťána handed over her crown on 1 December 2007, to the next Miss World, Zhang Zilin of China in Sanya, China. Amongst the countries she travelled to during her reign were Poland, United Arab Emirates, Mexico, United States, China, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom, Trinidad and Tobago, Fiji, Ireland, Iceland, Croatia, San Marino, Northern Ireland, Russia, Sri Lanka and Latvia.
She subsequently graduated from high school nine months after winning the title.
On March 2013 Tatana was selected as WNYLE Global Women Leader and member of WNYLE Council of Prominent Women Leaders
- "Miss ČR je osmnáctiletá Taťána Kuchařová" (in Czech). novinky.cz. 8 April 2006. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "New Miss World crowned". Sydney Morning Herald. 1 October 2006. Retrieved 15 April 2009.
- Profile at Česká televize website
- "It's not easy being Miss World". The Prague Post. 22 August 2007. Retrieved 17 April 2009.
- "China wins Miss World". Malaysia Star. 2 December 2007. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tatiana Kucharova.|
- Tatana Kucharova at the Fashion Model Directory
- Taťána Kuchařová website
- Taťána Kuchařová shot Campaign in Barcelona 2013
- Tatana Kucharova Foundation, Beauty of Help
- Official Miss World website
- Czechoslovak Models – Taťána Kuchařová
- www.czech.cz – I look forward to an inner feeling of freedom[permanent dead link]
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Czech Republic
Unnur Birna Vilhjálmsdóttir
| Miss World