|Company slogan||Sky R Us|
|Key people||Cpt. Asghar Abdollahpour (Chairman, CEO)|
Taban Air (Persian: تابان ایر) is an airline headquartered in the Ekbatan Complex in Tehran, Iran, with its main operational base in Mashhad. It operates international, domestic and charter routes as a scheduled carrier.
The airline was established in 2005 and started operations in 2006. Taban Air was founded by Captain Asghar Abdollahpour.
The Taban Air fleet consists of the following aircraft as of August 2019:
|McDonnell Douglas MD-88||5||—||–||165||165|
The airline previously operated the following aircraft (at August 2017):
- 4 further Airbus A310-300
- 1 Boeing 737-300
Incidents and accidents
- On 24 January 2010, Taban Air Flight 6437, a Tupolev Tu-154, crashed whilst making an emergency landing at Mashhad International Airport due to a medical emergency; all 157 and 13 crew survived the accident with 42 receiving minor injuries.
- "Contact us." Taban Air. Retrieved on 30 November 2012. "NO. 10, Fiat Alley, Ekbatan Main Boulevard, 1st Phase, Ekbatan Complex, Tehran " - Persian: "تهران _ شهرک اکباتان – فاز1 _ بلوار اصلی _ کوچه فیات _ پلاک 10"
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2019): 17.
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 17.
- Taban Air Flight 6437
- Iranian plane catches fire on landing
- Plane catches fire trying to land in Iran
Media related to Taban Air at Wikimedia Commons
|This article relating to an Asian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Iran is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|