Map of Leyte with Tabango highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||3rd district of Leyte|
|• Mayor||Benjo Remandaban|
|• Total||96.62 km2 (37.31 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||350/km2 (920/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)53|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Electorate||20,654 voters as of 2016|
Tabango, with annual income of P 34 million, has 13 barangays (villages), with 26 elementary schools, 4 high schools and one satellite school, the Palompon Institute of Technology.
- Butason I
- Butason II
- Santa Rosa
In 1957 the sitios of Gibacungan, Catmon and Manlawa-an were converted into barrios.
On January 17, 2008, Tabango Mayor Bernard Jonathan Remandaban opened (soft) the almost complete P 5.8 million modern, fully air-conditioned library: “It took us 6 years to construct our municipal library.” The library can accommodate 20,000 books, has 5 computer units with Internet access and a flat television set that only carries the National Geographic and Discovery Channels. Students can use the computers for 10 hours monthly, free of charge.
|Population census of Tabango|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority |
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act Creating Certain Barrios in the Municipality of Tabango, Province of Leyte". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Inquirer.net, Poor town has modern library
- "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Leyte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|