Tabatabaei (Persian: طباطبایی, Ṭabāṭabā'ī) (also spelled Tabatabai, Tabatabaee, Tabatabaie, Tabatabaeyan) is a surname of Persian origin. It is one of many families from the descendants of Hasan ibn Ali, the second imam of Shias, populated mostly in Iran, but also in Iraq, Yemen and Lebanon.
- Mirza Sayyed Mohammad Tabatabai (1842–1920), Iranian leader of the Iranian Constitutional Revolution
- Ali Haider Tabatabai (1854-1933), Indian poet and translator
- Ali Tabatabaei (1869-1947), Iranian ayatollah commonly known as al-Qadi Tabatabai, who was famous for his high level of Irfan
- Yahya Muhammad Hamid ed-Din (1869-1948), Imam of Yemen (1904-1948)
- Seyyed Hossein Borujerdi (1875-1961), Iranian grand ayatollah
- Zia'eddin Tabatabaee (1888–1969), Iranian politician
- Muhsin al-Hakim (1889–1970), Iraqi Marja
- Muhammad Husayn Tabataba'i (1903-1981), Iranian philosopher, commonly known as Allameh Tabatabai
- Hassan Tabatabaei Qomi (1912-2007), Iranian cleric who has repeatedly criticized the velayat-e faqih
- Taqi Tabatabaei Qomi (born 1923), Iranian Twelver Shi'a Marja
- Ali Akbar Tabatabaei (1930–1980), Iranian exiled politician, murdered in America
- Jazeh Tabatabai (1931-2008), Iranian painter, poet, and sculptor
- Mohammad Ali Tabatabaei Hassani (born 1945), Iraqi Twelver Shi'a Marja
- Javad Tabatabai (born 1964), Iranian philosopher
- Jasmin Tabatabai (born 1967), German-Iranian singer, songwriter and actress
- Hadi Tabatabaei (born 1973, Iranian footballer
- Ali Tabatabaee (born 1973), American punk musician
- John Tabatabai, Welsh poker player
- Mohammad Hossein Tabatabai (born 1991) Iranian who could recite the entire Koran at age seven
- Sadeq Tabatabaei (1943-2015), Iranian politician, former Deputy Prime Minister
- Hussein Badreddin al-Houthi (1956–2004), Yemeni Zaidi religious and political leader.
- Waleed Al-Tabtabaie (born 1964), Member of the Kuwaiti National Assembly.
- Sadaf Sadat Tabatabai (born 1994), J.D. Candidate Class of 2019, UC Berkeley School of Law/"DJ Berkeley"
Institutions and buildings
- Khaneh Tabatabaei ha, "The Tabatabaeis' House" in Kashan, Iran
- Allameh Tabatabai University, public university in Tehran, Iran
- Allameh Tabatabaei High School, high school in Tehran, Iran
- House of Tabatabaei Kashan in Isfahan,Iran
|This page lists people with the surname Tabatabaei. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
- Tabataba (film), 1988 African film