Tabbaliyu Neenade Magane
|Tabbaliyu Neenade Magane|
|Kannada||ತಬ್ಬಲಿಯು ನೀನಾದೆ ಮಗನೆ|
|Directed by||Girish Karnad
B. V. Karanth
|Produced by||B. M. Venkatesh
|Written by||S. L. Bhyrappa(Story)
|Screenplay by||Girish Karnad
B. V. Karanth
|Based on||Tabbaliyu Neenade Magane
by S. L. Bhyrappa
T. S. Nagabharana
|Music by||Bhaskar Chandavarkar|
|Cinematography||A. K. Bir|
|Edited by||P. Bhakthavathsalam|
Tabbaliyu Neenade Magane is a 1977 Indian Kannada-language film directed by Girish Karnad and B. V. Karanth, with Nasiruddin Shah, Lakshmi Krishnamurthy, Manu and Paula Lindsay in pivotal roles. The film is based on S. L. Bhyrappa's Kannada novel of the same name. The Hindi version of the film was called Godhuli.
- Nasiruddin Shah as Venkataramana Shastri
- Lakshmi Krishnamurthy as Thaiyavva
- Manu as Kalingegowda
- Paula Lindsay as Lydia
- T. S. Nagabharana
- Om Puri
- Sunder Raj
The movie explores the cultural problems experienced by an American woman, newly married to an Indian, adjusting to Indian norms and customs. It depicts a modern man who studies agriculture in the United States, returns to India with an American wife with their different views. The theme is one alienation from the fellow human beings.
- DIFF 1978, p. 101.
- "Tabbaliyu Neenade Magane (1977)". kannadamoviesinfo.com. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "25th National Film Awards". International Film Festival of India. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "25th National Film Awards (PDF)" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- DIFF (1978). Indian Cinema. Directorate of Film Festivals, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
|This article about a Kannada film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|