This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||ASX: TAH|
1994 privatisation of the Victorian TAB
|Paula Dwyer, Chairman
David Attenborough, Managing Director and CEO
|Revenue||AUD1,856.9 million FY15
(excludes demerged Casino business)
Number of employees
|Slogan||More Than Just Winning|
Tabcorp Holdings Limited (Tabcorp) is an Australian wagering, gaming and Keno operator and one of the world’s largest publicly listed gaming companies. They carry a supporting media arm.
- 1.2 million regular customers
- Victorian and NSW totalisator pools are the two largest in Australia
- The retail distribution network includes 1,948 retail outlets in NSW and 622 in Victoria
- On-course betting at 255 racecourses
- 310,000 active TAB Sportsbet account customers betting through the internet, pay TV and phone
- The iPhone, iPad and Android TAB Sportsbet wagering app has realised more than 411,660 downloads (January 2012)
- Luxbet.com is a bookmaking operation based out of the Northern Territory
- 1.2 million electronic gaming machine (EGM) customers
- Operates 13,303 EGMs in 263 clubs and hotels in Victoria, with the licence expiring in August 2012
- Tabcorp Gaming Solutions (TGS) to commence operation post August 2012
- TGS is a specialised consulting and support service for operators of EGMs
- 1.354 million Keno customers
- Operates across 2,739 venues in NSW and Queensland
- New Victorian licence commences in April 2012
- Three Pay TV channels – Sky Racing 1, Sky Racing 2 and Sky Thoroughbred Central.
- Sky Racing broadcasts to 2.35 million homes, 5,015 retail outlets with coverage of more than 83,000 races per year and is exported to 29 countries
- Sky Racing World is exported to 14 million UK and Irish households through international racing broadcaster ‘At The Races’
- Sky Sports Radio is owned and operated by Tabcorp
Tabcorp was first listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1994 as part of the first major public offering by the Victorian State Government of a statutory body. The Victorian TAB had been established in 1964. The company acquired the businesses formerly conducted by the TAB for a total of $77.8 million and acquired licences to conduct wagering and gaming in Victoria for $597.2 million.
In December 1999 Tabcorp announced the acquisition of Star City Holdings Limited, the owner of the Star City hotel and casino complex in Sydney.
An investigation by news.com.au reporters Will Temple and David Higgins released on 22 August 2007 claims that Tabcorp had secret approval from the NSW government to loan money to "select high value wagering customers".
In June 2011 Tabcorp demerged its casinos operations which resulted in Tabcorp’s casinos business being separately listed as Echo Entertainment Group (ASX: EGP). The existing wagering, media, gaming, and Keno businesses were retained by Tabcorp.
In March 2016, Tabcorp extended its sponsorship agreement with Victoria Racing Club (VRC) to 2024.