Table of political parties in Europe by pancontinental organisation
The majority of major political parties in Europe have aligned themselves into one of the pan-European political organisations listed below. 13 of these organisations have been legally recognized by the European Union as political parties at the European level:
The Nordic Green Left Alliance is a transnational federation of parties, not a pan-European political party per se, but it articulates a broadly uniform ideology and its membership is exclusive to it. As such, it is treated akin to one here.
Parties represented in national parliaments or the European Parliament are generally included in the below chart, while independents have been omitted. Great ideological diversity can be found in most pan-European organizations, and individual country rows may not correspond with the heuristic left-right spectrum commonly used within its own political discourse.
- Standalone parties with representation in the European Parliament are coloured by the parliamentary group in which they sit. These are:
- Standalone parties with representation in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (but not the European Parliament) are coloured by the parliamentary group in which they sit in the former. These are:
EPP PES ALDE ECG EUL Non-Attached
- The "Standalone parties of the political centre" column includes some single-interest parties that claim to draw support from all across the spectrum.
- † indicates the party has observer or associate status within transnational organization
- National parties are sorted by the alignment adopted by the party's leadership; in some cases MEPs have chosen to sit in different groups within the EP.
- Parties and Elections in Europe - Political Parties & International Party Organisations
- European Parliament - Directory of MEPs by country and political group
- Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly - National Delegations
- EPP - Parties and Partners
- PES - Member Parties
- ALDE - Member Parties
- EGP - Member Parties
- AECR - Member Parties
- EL - Member Parties
- MELD - Member Parties
- EFA - Member Parties
- AENM - Member Parties
- EUD - Members
- ECPM - Member Parties
- NGLA - Members