From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up tableau in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tableau (French for 'little table' literally, also used to mean 'picture'; pl. tableaux or, rarely, tableaus) may refer to:
- Tableau, more properly tableau vivant, motionless performance in theatre evoking a painting or sculpture; or a painting or photograph evoking such a theatrical scene rather than a more naturalistic depiction
- Tableau, in opera, ballet, and some other dramatic forms, another word for scene
- Tableau, a series of four paintings by Piet Mondrian titled Tableau I through Tableau IV
- Tableau (solitaire), a specific solitaire card game
- Tableaux, stacks of playing cards in which gameplay (varying by the specific type of solitaire) occurs; see solitaire terminology
- Logic, mathematics, and sciences
- Analytic tableaux (also, semantic tableau, or truth tree), a technique of automated theorem proving in logic
- Tableau, another term for a table of data, particularly:
- Young tableau, a combinatorial object built on partition diagrams
- Organizations and businesses
- Tableau économique, 18th century model showing interdependence of different economic classes1.
- Table (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tableau.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.