- For the village on Kuria, see Tabontebike (Kuria)
The village has a medical clinic that is staffed by a Nursing Officer.
The beach crest is at risk of being eroded (breached), which will result in the flooding of the backshore areas. The accelerated erosion at this site appears to be direct result of aggregate mining. Accretion to the coastline is occurring at another location near Tabontebike.
(as the crow flies)
- To Tebwanga village: 1 km
- To Marakei atoll: 40 km (over sea)
- To Tarawa atoll: 11 km (over sea)
- To South Tarawa (national capital, on Tarawa): 43 km (over sea)
- Elevation: < 1 m
- Latitude (DMS): 1° 43' N
- Longitude (DMS): 172° 58' 60'' E
- Languages spoken: English language, Gilbertese language
- Time zone: UTC + 12 h
- "4. Abaiang" (PDF). Office of Te Beretitent - Republic of Kiribati Island Report Series. 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2015.
|This Kiribati location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|