|Look up tabu in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tabu may refer to:
Cultural and legal concepts
- Tapu (Polynesian culture) (also spelled tabu), a Polynesian cultural concept from which the word taboo derives
- Tapu (Ottoman law) (also tabu), a permanent lease of state-owned arable land to a peasant family in the Ottoman Empire
- Taboo (earlier spelled Tabu in historical records), something that is unacceptable in the society.
- Toubou people of Africa
- Tabu (actress) (born 1971), Indian actress
- Tabu Ley Rochereau (born 1940), Congolese musician
- Tabu Taid (born 1942), Indian educationist, writer and scholar
- Tabu Records, an American record label founded in 1975
- Tabu Records (Denmark), founded by the Danish group Suspekt in 1998
- Tabu Recordings, an independent Norwegian record label founded in 2003
Film and television
- Tabu (1931 film), a 1931 award-winning film directed by F. W. Murnau
- Tabu (2012 film), a 2012 Portuguese film
- Tabu (TV series), a Finnish dark comedic show
- Tabu the Jungle Wizard, a superpowered jungle hero comic book character created by Fletcher Hanks
- Tabu search, a mathematical optimization method
- Tabu by Dana, a perfume and cosmetics line from the 1930s manufactured by House of Dana
- Tabu (Romanian magazine), owned by Realitatea-Caţavencu
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tabu.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.