March 16, 1976 |
|Area(s)||Writing scripts and art|
Portrait of M and N
With an interview with Tokyopop she gave a detailed look on how she started as a manga artist:
I first submitted a manga story a while after I graduated from high school. Up until then I was studying for the entrance examinations for the Art University, and as part of that, I sometimes drew manga and four-panel strip comics for fun.
Because I was conscious of the fact that I had started drawing manga in earnest at a later age, I think my progress during the beginning on drawing and storytelling techniques was fast as I frantically tried to absorb everything I could learn about creating manga. After the serialization of the story began, as I got busy, I was so desperate to submit it on time that I feel that the drawings probably haven’t improved much compared to before. During the serialization of the manga, I think my story telling techniques improved more as I concerned myself with how to catch the attention of the readers, how well one can incorporate what the readers are seeking into the story.
Her current completed work is Gakuen Alice.
- Swan Lake (1999, Hakusensha)
- Portrait of M and N (2000–2002, serialized in Hana to Yume, Hakusensha)
- Gakuen Alice (学園アリス Gakuen Arisu?) (2003-2013, serialized in Hana to Yume, Hakusensha)
- Letter (手紙 tegami?) (2014, Hakusensha)
- Anne no Magomago Tosho Land (アンのマゴマゴ図書之国 An no magomago tosho rando?) (2014, to be serialized in Hana to Yume, Hakusensha)
- Tokyopop's interview with Tachibana Higuchi
- スワン レイク (in Japanese). Hakusensha. Retrieved March 3, 2010.
- "MとNの肖像 1" (in Japanese). Hakusensha. Retrieved March 3, 2010.
- "MとNの肖像 6" (in Japanese). Hakusensha. Retrieved March 3, 2010.
- 学園アリス 1 (in Japanese). Hakusensha. Retrieved March 3, 2010.
- 学園アリス 27 (in Japanese). Hakusensha. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- 手紙 (in Japanese). Hakusensha. Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- "Gakuen Alice's Higuchi Starts Anne no Magomago Tosho Land Manga". Anime News Network. August 2, 2014. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- Official website (Japanese)
|This biographical article about a manga artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|