Taco Bus restaurants serve Mexican food in the Tampa, Florida area. The restaurants began as a popular food truck on Hillsborough Avenue. A second location followed on Central Avenue in St. Petersburg, Florida and a restaurant was added on Franklin Street in downtown Tampa. Taco Bus opened their fourth location near USF on Fletcher Avenue. Rene Valenzuela is chef and owner of the business. A location in Brandon at 311 South Falkengburg is scheduled to open in spring 2013. The USF location was reported to be open 24 hours.
The restaurants offer meat dishes as well as vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free selections. Taco Bus was featured on Man v. Food on the special September 28, 2011 episode of Man v. Food Nation featuring street vendor food from across the U.S. Host Adam Richman visited Taco Bus and tried "puerco asado" tacos marinated roast pork and a mix of vegetables including jalapeños, cabbage, and marinated red onions. The Taco Bus also appeared on the October 31, 2011 episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, in which host Guy Fieri sampled a chilorio torta and a butternut squash tostada. Taco Bus also appeared in 2012 Cooking Channel "Eat Street". Taco Bus just opened another location in Treasure Island Florida located on Gulf Blvd.
- Taco Bus to open in downtown Tampa August 5, 2011 Tampa Business Journal
- Taco Bus to open new location near USF in June May 23, 2012 Tampa Bay Online
- "Cultural cooking close to campus". The Oracle. Tampa, FL. August 22, 2010. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- Laura Reiley Tampa Taco Bus ready for its close-up on 'Man v. Food' September 27, 2011 Tampa Bay Times
- "Taco Bus to appear on 'Man vs. Food' tonight". Central Florida News 13. Orlando, FL. September 28, 2011. Archived from the original on December 13, 2011. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- Food Networks Guy Fieri gets on the Tampa Taco Bus Archived 2011-03-06 at the Wayback Machine March 02, 2011 Tampa Bay Times