TacoTime in Nampa, Idaho
Eugene, Oregon, U.S.
|Founder||Ron Fraedrick (1928–2015)|
|Headquarters||Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S. (2003)|
Number of locations
|Over 300 (2010) |
in United States, Canada, Curacao/Netherlands Antilles,
|Products||Tacos, burritos, and other Tex-Mex cuisine-related|
|Owner||MTY Food Group|
Taco Time (stylized as TacoTime) is an American-Canadian fast-food restaurant chain specializing in Mexican food. The chain has over 226 locations in the United States and 74 locations in Canada. It was founded in Eugene, Oregon, in 1960 by Ron Fraedrick.
In 1962, the first Taco Time franchise opened in Tacoma, Washington. In the 1970s, the company expanded to 48 restaurants in seven Western states. In 1978, the company franchised its first international restaurant in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
In 1979, Taco Time Northwest became a licensee with the rights to franchise and operate the Taco Time concept independently. Taco Time Northwest's operating region includes Western Washington from Longview to the Canada–United States border and the eastern Washington cities of Wenatchee and Moses Lake.
Taco Time has since expanded, now holding more than 300 franchises in the United States, Canada, Kuwait, and Netherlands Antilles (Curaçao). During the 1990s, there were also multiple locations in Greece.
- Group, T.P.L.; Arden, L. (2010). 220 Best Franchises to Buy: The Essential Sourcebook for Evaluating the Best Franchise Opportunities. Crown Publishing Group. p. pt258-259. ISBN 978-0-307-43211-7. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- "This Taco Chain Isn't Really About The Tacos". Food & Wine. October 26, 2017. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- "3 years after hoax, Bethel will have its tacos". KTOO. September 3, 2015. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- "Soiled plastic in his taco, then poor customer service". Statesman Journal. April 26, 2015. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- Barker, George (December 14, 1984). "Taco Time: Original structure moves to Springfield". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). p. 1D.
- "Taco Time founder named top retailer". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). August 11, 1987. p. 2B.
- "The TacoTime Brand Story | TacoTime Franchise | Mexican Restaurant Franchise". Retrieved 2020-04-24.
- Baker, Mark (October 1, 2017). "Man who started Taco Time in Eugene remembered". The Register-Guard. Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- Restaurant Business. Restaurant Business. 1996. p. 54. Retrieved November 16, 2017.