Tacoma Dome Station
|Sounder commuter rail|
|Location||610 Puyallup Avenue
|Owned by||Sound Transit|
Sound Transit Services:
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||ST Express, Pierce Transit, Greyhound|
Tacoma Dome Station is a transportation hub in the city of Tacoma, Washington, served by Sounder commuter rail, Tacoma Link light rail, Greyhound buses, Intercity Transit buses, Pierce Transit buses, and Sound Transit Express buses.
The station was built in phases by Sound Transit along Tacoma Rail tracks in downtown Tacoma. Commuter rail trains first started running between the station and downtown Seattle on September 18, 2000.
The station complex is centered around the existing Freighthouse Square, a former Milwaukee Road freight station built in 1909 that was later redeveloped into a shopping center. A portion of the building was remodeled in the late 1990's to serve Sounder passengers. In 2016, the portion of the building was torn down to build a new station that will serve passengers on Amtrak Cascades and Coast Starlight trains that are expected to begin serving the station in fall 2017.
From 2000 to 2012, Tacoma Dome Station served as the southern terminus of the Sounder south line.
Bus platform assignments
- Sound Transit Express 574 - Sea–Tac Airport via Federal Way
- Sound Transit Express 586 - University District
- Sound Transit Express 590 - Seattle
- Sound Transit Express 594 - Seattle
- Pierce Transit 41 - Tacoma Mall via 56th St
- Pierce Transit 102 - Gig Harbor/Purdy - Express
- Pierce Transit 400 - South Hill Mall Transit Center via Puyallup station
- Pierce Transit 500 - Federal Way
- Pierce Transit 501 - Federal Way via Milton
- Intercity Transit 603 - Downtown Tacoma
- Intercity Transit 605 - Downtown Tacoma
- Intercity Transit 612 - Downtown Tacoma
- Pierce Transit 41 - Downtown Tacoma
- Pierce Transit 500 - Downtown Tacoma
- Pierce Transit 501 - Downtown Tacoma
- Pierce Transit 13 - Proctor District via N. 30th St
- Pierce Transit 102 - Downtown Tacoma
- Pierce Transit 400 - Downtown Tacoma
- Sound Transit Express 574 - Lakewood
- Sound Transit Express 586 - Downtown Tacoma
- Sound Transit Express 590 - Downtown Tacoma
- Sound Transit Express 594 - Lakewood
- Intercity Transit 603 - Olympia
- Intercity Transit 605 - Olympia via Lacey
- Intercity Transit 612 - Lacey
- "Tacoma Dome Station - Parking" (XML). Sound Transit. 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- "Tacoma Dome Station" (XML). Sound Transit. 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
|This Washington train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "WSDOT - Project - Rail - Tacoma - Bypass of Point Defiance". www.wsdot.wa.gov. Retrieved April 16, 2017.