|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Promo image for Tactical Roar
|Genre||Comedy, Science fiction, Harem, Romance|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Yoshitaka Fujimoto|
|Produced by||Atsushi Yukawa, Manabu Santō|
|Written by||Kazuho Hyodō|
|Music by||Hikaru Nanase|
|Original network||TV Kanagawa|
|Original run||8 January 2006 – 2 April 2006|
Tactical Roar (タクティカルロア Takutikaru Roa?) is a Japanese anime television series set in a not-too-distant future. The series is around all-female crew of the commercial Warship, the Pascal Magi. The series is mix of serious combat, political intrigue, light romance, and comedy. A classic story of the underdogs trying prove their worth amidst superior enemies, and doubtful arrogant allies. The series produced with mix of traditional and Computer Generated animation.
In the near future, a hypercane has appeared in the Pacific Ocean, causing a series of worldwide climate changes. This storm, dubbed "Grand Roar" by people, has been stable for over 50 years. Climate changes make air travel and transport less reliable, and thus the world has begun reverting to a second naval age, particularly in the Asian region. However, the world's condition also heralds the return of piracy and the growth of maritime terrorism, causing many large international companies to arm themselves and setting up their own private naval security forces.
At the outset of the series, Systems Engineer Hyōsuke Nagimiya runs into the crew of the Pascal Magi, one such maritime security ship. He gets into a few typical compromising situations before finally being introduced as a software engineer assigned to update the systems on board the ship. He meets his stepsister, the captain of the war vessel, Captain Misaki Nanaha, who treats him as a stranger. Although he refers to her as 'sister,' he still thinks of her as a woman nonetheless. During the duration of his duties, the ship is called into combat, where Hyosuke begins to understand the nature of the Pascal Magi and its crew's battle potential as the vessel flings itself into the fight.
- Hyōsuke Nagimiya: Hisayoshi Suganuma
- He was brought onto the ship to upgrade the ships computers. At first like many others he believed that his sister's ship wouldn't be able to do much against pirates and was surprised that it had a completely female crew. However after seeing their skill and the ship's prowess in battle, he began to have respect and admiration for them. He calls the captain Nana-nee since they grew up together but sees her as a woman instead of a step-sister. He still keeps with him the compass Misaki gave him when they were children.
- Nanaha Misaki: Mai Nakahara
- She is the captain of the ship and has a cold and professional attitude and cares very much for her crew. Even though she can be quite serious most of the time, when her crew mates are put in danger or do something dangerous for her she turns into a crybaby. Misaki can also be quite childish, she uses a character OS for her desktop and started whacking Tanya when she found out. She sees Hyousuke as a little brother as they are step siblings but then later questions herself if she actually likes him. Whenever she is alone with Hyousuke she drops her serious attitude and refers to him with more familiarity. A lot of things happened to her in the military and she regrets not having the time to contact Hyousuke.
- Tsubasa Watatsumi: Mikako Takahashi
- She is a pilot on the ship and seems to hate men. However this seems to just be a facade she puts so she can appear stronger in front of them. After a short while she seems to like Hyousuke and later confesses.
- Sango Fukami: Kana Ueda
- She is a crewman on the ship and has a very wild imagination. She works in and is the head of the engine room and has close friends on the ship.
- Miharu Kairi: Yumiko Kobayashi
- She is a very smart young girl who developed the battle system Nav-Staff OS for the ship. It is apparent she has a genius intellect after she mentioned in a conversation with Hyousuke that she developed her first program when she was three and is easily able to do things Hyousuke cannot after programming for years. She seems to have developed a crush on Hyosuke since the first time she sees him.
- Manatsu Akoya: Kumiko Higa
- Twin sister to Mashu and a gunner on the ship. She has blond pigtails and like her sister she likes playing tricks on people and combat. She runs communications.
- Mashū Akoya: Satomi Arai
- Twin sister to Manatsu and also a gunner on the ship. She and her sister both like combat and also like to play tricks on others. She lets her hair down and is longer. She runs observations.
- Mitori Shimabara: Junko Minagawa
- She is the ship's physician and is very kind and friendly to everyone and is a constant flirt. Especially to Hyosuke even though she is married. When she is drunk she likes to play with the captain.
- Tanya L. Kojima: Kaya Miyake
- She is the Vice-Captain of the ship and very loyal to the Captain who is more of a friend than a boss. They even went to the Naval Academy together. Whenever she is drunk she becomes possessive of the captain and will get into fights with Mitori over her.
- Clio Aquanaut: Rio Natsuki
- She is the player of the crew and is a Bi-sexual with many girls after her. She likes to tease and flirt with Hyosuke as well as anyone else and is the Weapons Chief.
- Lemala Hamaguchi: Daiki Nakamura
- He is the ships overseer from the company Haru-Nico that owns the ship and is very judgemental of the crew and its captain.
- Kunio Okamachi: Kenji Nomura
- Director: Yoshitaka Fujimoto
- Series Organization, Script: Kazuho Hyodo
- Character Designer, Assistant Animation Director: Takeshi Ito
- Concept Supervisor: Shinya Ogura
- Mecha Design: Takeshi Takakura
- Setting Designer: Seiichi Shirato
- Mecha Visuals Director: Kōji Itō
- Art Director: Kunihiro Shibata
- Background Design: Takashi Hiruma
- Color Design: Yukari Itō
- 3D Director: Jun Iwai
- 3D Visual Director: Takashi Takeda
- Director of Photography: Mitsuru Sugiura
- Editor: Jun Takuma
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Effects: Katsuhiro Nakano
- Music: Hikaru Nanase
- Music Director: Toshitsugu Inoue
- CG Production: Studio A-Cat
- Animation Production: Actas
- Produced by Actas and Bandai Visual