Tacuary Football Club is a Paraguayan football team, based in the neighborhood of Barrio Jara, Asunción. The club was founded in 1923. Despite being a small team that got promoted to the first division fairly recently (in 2002), Tacuary qualified to the prestigious Copa Libertadores tournament twice (in 2005 and 2007) and the Copa Sudamericana in 2007. In 2013 it will return to the Paraguayan Segunda División. Tacuary's youth academy has produced players such as Ramón Cardozo, Hernán Pérez, Luis Páez, Ronald Huth and Brian Montenegro.
- 1953, 1961, 1983, 1999
Performance in CONMEBOL competitions
- 2005: Preliminary Round
- 2007: Preliminary Round
- 2007: First Round
- 2012: First Round
As of June 16, 2010. Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- To appear in this section a player must have either:
- Played at least 125 games for the club.
- Set a club record or won an individual award while at the club.
- Been part of a national team squad at any time.
- Played in the first division of any other football association (outside of Paraguay).
- Played in a continental and/or intercontinental competition.