|Directed by||Kishore Kumar Pardasani (Dolly)|
|Produced by||Bellamkonda Ganesh|
|Written by||N. Linguswamy|
by N. Linguswamy
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Cinematography||Arthur A. Wilson|
|Edited by||Gautham Raju|
Sri Sai Ganesh Productions
|Budget||₹150 million (US$2.1 million)|
|Box office||₹190 million (US$2.6 million)(share)|
Tadakha or Thadaka (English: Mettle) is a 2013 Telugu action film directed by Kishore Kumar Pardasani, who directed Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam earlier. The film is a remake of the well-received 2012 Tamil film Vettai, written and directed by N. Linguswamy. Initially, Sameera Reddy was approached to reprise her role. She was replaced by Andrea Jeremiah. Tamannaah is seen opposite Naga Chaitanya for the second time after 100% Love. The film received mixed reviews and was declared 'Hit' at the box office[not in citation given] and Sunil won Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor - Telugu for his excellent police officer role.
Sivarama Krishna (Sunil) and Karthik (Naga Chaitanya) are brothers, who are poles apart. Siva is a timid one while Karthik is a stronger and clever one. Both share a great bonding among themselves and their father (Nagendra Babu), who is a police officer, who later dies of Heart attack. Later on, Siva is forced by Karthik to join the police in the same post held by their deceased father, but in a different area. That place happens to be Vizag and Siva learns about Bagga (Ashutosh Rana) and Kaasi, who are two notorious gangsters ruling the city with an iron fist. However, Siva wins all the cases allotted to him as Karthik used to go for every mission in disguise. Soon, Siva marries Nandu (Andrea Jeremiah) while Karthik falls in Love with Nandu's sister Pallavi (Tamannaah), who accepts his love soon.
As everything goes well, Siva seizes the illegal load of Bagga which is highly precious, with the help of Karthik who bashes Bagga's men. Later on, Bagga comes to know that Karthik was behind the game with Siva as his puppet. Thus, after several attempts to threaten his family, Bagga attacks Siva during transporting his illegal load. Siva is almost beaten to death, only to be rescued by Karthik in time. While Bagga is filled with joy, Karthik motivates Siva to become strong and powerful. Under rigorous training from Karthik, Siva becomes quite strong, both physically and mentally, and starts opposing Bagga with an iron fist. During this time, Siva encounters Kaasi on road, thus infuriating Bagga. Bagga, along with Siva's superior, plans to kill the brothers. As a part of the plan, Siva's superior calls Siva to come to the port to defend Bagga. Karthik, who is being married to Pallavi, makes a call to Siva, only to know that he is with Bagga. Karthik reaches the spot, finds his Brother wounded and starts fighting with Bagga and his men. In no time, Siva regains consciousness and joins Karthik. In the end, Siva kills Bagga and vacates the place along with Karthik.
- Naga Chaitanya as Karthik
- Sunil as Sivarama Krishna IPS
- Tamannaah as Pallavi
- Andrea Jeremiah as Nandu Sivarama Krishna
- Ashutosh Rana as Bagga
- Nagendra Babu as Siva and Karthik's father
- Brahmanandam as Neighbour of Nandu
- Vennela Kishore as Ganesh
- Raghu Babu as Police Officer Hanumanthu (Police Officer Bajarangi in Hindi version)
- Rama Prabha as Nandu and Pallavi's Grand Mother
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Commissioner
- Srinivasa Reddy as Reddy, Karthik's friend
- Story : N. Linguswamy
- Dialogues : Vema Reddy & Kishore Kumar Pardasani
- Screenplay : Kishore Kumar Pardasani & Deepak Raj
- Music : S. Thaman
- Cinematography : Arthur A. Wilson
- Art : A. S. Prakash
- Editing : Gautham Raju
- Lyrics : Ramajogayya Sastry & Bhaskarabhatla
- Fights : Ram-Lakshman, Kanal Kannan, Ravi Varma
- Dance : Raju Sundaram, Pradeep Anthony, Shobhi
- Co-Director : Poosala Radhakrishna
- Production Controller : Bandi Seshaiah
- Executive Producer : Maineni Prasad
- Director : Kishore Kumar Pardasani (Dolly)
- Producer : Bellamkonda Ganesh
- Studio : Sri Sai Ganesh Productions
The movie was released on 10 May 2013 after being given a U/A Certificate by The Censor Board.
Tadakha received good reviews from critics, now running gave it the rating 3/5 Idle brain gave a review of rating 3.25/5 stating "Tadakha has all ingredients to satisfy masses. apherald.com gave a review of rating 3.5/5 stating Don't Wait For Its DVD." 123telugu.com gave a review of rating 3.25/5 stating "Tadakha makes for a decent summer watch." Oneindia Entertainment gave a review stating "Tadakha is a good commercial entertainer and the director has nicely adopted Vettai in Telugu with few changes to suit the tastes of Telugu audience. It has some sentimental scenes to woo family audience. If you have not watched Vettai, don't miss this film." way2movies.com gave a review of rating 3/5 stating "Thadaka has all the right commercial elements including action, humor, romance, glamour with good technical values, also sticks to the Telugu audiences nativity factor. The film has all the needed elements to set the cash registers ringing at the Box-Office." Telugucinema.com gave a review of rating 3/5 stating "Tadakha is a decent mass entertainer. Time pass flick. Entertaining first half and glamour quotient are its strong points."
Tadakha was made with a budget of ₹150 million (US$2.1 million) Tamannaah Bhatia took a pay cheque of ₹15 million (US$210,000) for Tadakha and Chaitanya took satellite rights as remuneration. Andrea took ₹5 million (US$70,000) and Sunil took ₹25 million (US$350,000) as their remunerations.
|Soundtrack album to Tadakha by S. Thaman|
|Released||24 April 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|S. Thaman chronology|
|1.||"Gana Gana Bottu"||Haricharan, Priyadarshini||3:54|
|2.||"Mara O Mara"||Suchith Suresan, M. M. Manasi||3:04|
|3.||"Subhanallah"||Karthik, Priya Himesh||3:09|
|4.||"Viyyalavaaru"||Neeti Mohan, Sooraj Santhosh, M. M. Manasi||4:40|
|5.||"Nuvvu Nenu Bomma"||Tippu, Ranjith||4:05|
- "Vettai Review — Vettai Movie Review". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Naga Chaithanya's And Sunil Multi Starrer Movie 'Bhale Thammudu' Confirmed - Telugu Cinemas |latest cinemaupdates". Telugucinemas.in. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Naga Chaitanya, Sunil's Vettai remake launched". Telugu.way2movies.com. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Hansika opposite Naga Chaitanya Bhale Thammudu". Raagalahari.com. 31 May 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- The film features Naga Chaitanya, Sunil, Tamannaah, and Andrea Jeremiah in the lead roles.
- "Vettai to be remade in Telugu". Sify.com. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "'Vettai' as 'Bhale Thammudu' in Telugu - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 5 March 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Thadaka Auido Launch — Thadaka Audio Launch". Apgap.com. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "Clichés canned". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "Tadakha got 'U/A' censor rating". apHerald.com. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- nowrunning.com - Indian Movies, showitmes, reviews, videos - Indian movie portal
- "Tadakha review". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Tadakha (Thadaka) Telugu Movie Review, Rating - Naga Chaitanya & Sunil Film". apherald.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Review : Tadakha – Mass Entertainer". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Tadakha (Thadaka) - Movie Review". Oneindia Entertainment. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Tadakha Movie Review". way2movies.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Tadakha - Movie Review". Telugucinema.com. Archived from the original on 14 October 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Naga Chaitanya's Tadakha film news". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 20 April 2013.