|Born||January 8, 1912|
Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
|Died||November 22, 1991(aged 79)|
- Berlin Film Festival
He won the Silver Bear for Best Director at the 8th Berlin International Film Festival for his work on Jun'ai monogatari. At the 13th Berlin International Film Festival his film Bushidō zankoku monogatari won the Golden Bear.
- Blue Ribbon Awards
He won the award for Best Director at the 1st Blue Ribbon Awards for Until We Meet Again, at the 7th Blue Ribbon Awards for Mahiru no ankoku and at the 8th Blue Ribbon Awards for The Rice People.
- Minshū no Teki (1946)
- Aoi sanmyaku (1949)
- Until We Meet Again (1950)
- An Inlet of Muddy Water (1953)
- Mahiru no ankoku (1956)
- Jun'ai monogatari (1957)
- The Rice People (1957)
- Kiku to Isamu (1959)
- Bushidō zankoku monogatari (1963)
- Revenge(Adauchi) original title(1964)
- Brother and Sister (1976)
- "Imai Tadashi". Nihon jinmei jiten (in Japanese). Kōdansha. Retrieved 27 October 2010.
- "Berlin Film Festival: Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- "Berlinale: Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2010-02-13.
- ブルーリボン賞ヒストリー (in Japanese). Cinema Hochi. Archived from the original on 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- ブルーリボン賞ヒストリー (in Japanese). Cinema Hochi. Archived from the original on 2010-12-27. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- ブルーリボン賞ヒストリー (in Japanese). Cinema Hochi. Archived from the original on 2008-10-22. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
|This article about a Japanese film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|