London, United Kingdom
Tade Thompson is a British born Yoruba psychiatrist who is best known for his science fiction novels.
Life and career
Thompson was born in London to Yoruba parents and grew up in Nigeria. His family left the United Kingdom around 1976. He studied medicine and social anthropology. He went on to specialise in psychiatry. He writes novels and short stories which have been critically received. Thompson was a Nommo Award and a Kitschies Golden Tentacle Award winner. He was a John W. Campbell Award finalist as well as nominated for the Shirley Jackson Award, the British Science Fiction Award, and the Nommo Award, a year when he didn't win. Thompson is also a capable illustrator and artist. His novella The Murders of Molly Southbourne has been optioned for screen adaptation. His novel Rosewater won the Arthur C. Clarke award in 2019, the most prestigious UK award for Science Fiction.
- Making Wolf (2015)
- Rosewater (2016, revised version 2018)
- The Rosewater Insurrection (2019)
- The Rosewater Redemption (2019)
- Omenana, #4, September 2015 (2015)
- In Morningstar's Shadow (2015)
Novellas and short fiction
- The McMahon Institute for Unquiet Minds (2005)
- Slip Road (2009)
- Shadow (2010)
- Notes from Gethsemane (2012)
- Bicycle Girl (2013)
- One Hundred and Twenty Days of Sunlight (2013)
- Slip Road (revised) (2014)
- Budo or, The Flying Orchid (2014)
- The Monkey House (2015)
- Child, Funeral, Thief, Death (2015)
- The Last Pantheon (2015) with Nick Wood
- Decommissioned (2016)
- Household Gods (2016)
- The Apologists (2016)
- Gnaw (2016)
- Bootblack (2017)
- The Murders of Molly Southbourne (2017)
- Yard Dog (2018)
- The Survival of Molly Southbourne (2019)
- Komolafe (2013)
- The Last Word on the Last Pantheon (2016) with Nick Wood
- Please stop talking about the “RISE” of African Science Fiction (2018)
- "Tade Thompson". Strange Horizons. 1 March 2017.
- "C&W Agency". cwagency.co.uk.
- "Tade Thompson | Authors | Macmillan". US Macmillan.
- "Summary Bibliography: Tade Thompson". www.isfdb.org.
- https://www.fantasticfiction.com, email@example.com -. "Tade Thompson". www.fantasticfiction.com.
- "sfadb : Tade Thompson Awards". www.sfadb.com.
- "BSFA London Meetings: Interview with Tade Thompson". 18 July 2018.
- Roberts, Adam (4 October 2018). "Rosewater by Tade Thompson review – a stellar SF debut". the Guardian.
- Brown, Eric (15 January 2016). "The best science fiction novels – review roundup". the Guardian.
- Flood, Alison (8 March 2016). "Margaret Atwood wins Kitschies Red Tentacle award for The Heart Goes Last". the Guardian.
- "Interview: Tade Thompson - Lightspeed Magazine". Lightspeed Magazine. 24 October 2017.
- Cain, Sian (17 July 2019). "Tade Thompson's 'gritty' alien invasion tale wins Arthur C Clarke award". The Guardian.
- Tade Thompson (5 September 2018). "Author Interview: Tade Thompson on Rosewater". The Illustrated Page.