Tadepalle, Guntur district
Residential area at Tadepalle near National Highway 16
|• Total||25.45 km2 (9.83 sq mi)|
|Elevation||19 m (62 ft)|
|• Density||2,100/km2 (5,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Tadepalle is a town in Guntur district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The town lies on the south bank of the Krishna river and is the headquarters of Tadepalle mandal of Guntur revenue division. It lies in Andhra Pradesh Capital Region and a small portion of the town is a part of the state capital, Amaravati.
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The origin of the name is believed to be related to the Palm tree 'Tathi' and 'palle' meaning village. Tadepalli is on the southern bank of the Krishna River and Vijayawada city. The Canal flowing through the town is named as Madras Kaluva(Buckingham Canal) – as it goes until Madras (Chennai). Tadepalli, along with Tenali was an 'Agraharam' – or endowed land to Sanskrit Scholars during the classical Sri Krishnadevaraya period.
Tadepalle is located at  It has an average elevation of 6 meters (22 feet). Total municipality contains hill area and agricultural lands. Buckingham canal Flows from north to south in the region. Municipality contains old industrial lands, belongs to EID parry company and cement factory which are not being used for any purpose..
As of 2011[update] census of India, Tadepalle had a population of 54,406, with number of households accounting to 14392. The total population constitutes 27,149 males, 27,257 females and 6,078 under 6 years of age. The sex ratio stands at 1004 females per 1000 males. There are 36,694 literates with an average literacy rate of 75.93%, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%. The urban agglomeration population of the town stands at 64,149.
Tadepalle Municipality was constituted in the year 2009. It is classified as a third grade municipality and has 23 municipal wards. It is spread over an area of 25.45 km2 (9.83 sq mi). Tadepalle municipality and its out growth, Undavalli, are a part of Vijayawada urban agglomeration.
The primary education in the town is imparted by means of elementary schools and for secondary education is offered by schools like, Zilla Parishad High School and Ramakrishna Mission High School. It has no notable junior and professional colleges, for which the students depend on the nearby city of Vijayawada.
- "District Census Handbook – Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Elevation for Pedakurapadu". Veloroutes. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Declaration of A.P. Capital City Area–Revised orders" (PDF). Andhra Nation. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. 22 September 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Tadepalle
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Name of Urban Agglomeration and its State constituent Units-2011" (PDF). Census of India. p. 23. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- Ravikiran, G (19 January 2007). "Tadepalli cries for college". The Hindu. Vijayawada. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tadepalle, Guntur district.|