Tadeusz Swietochowski (Polish: Tadeusz Świętochowski, 1934 – 15 February 2017) was a Polish historian and Caucasologist. He was a Professor of the History Dept. at Monmouth University, Honorary Doctor of Khazar University and Baku State University and Honorary Member of Central Eurasian Studies Society. His fields include the modern history of the Middle East and Azerbaijan. Swietochowski was acclaimed as the leading specialist on the modern history of Azerbaijan.
- Russian Azerbaijan, 1905-1920: The Shaping of a National Identity in a Muslim Community, Cambridge University Press, 1985
- Russia and Azerbaijan. A Borderland in Transition, New York, Columbia University Press, 1995 (Translated into Azerbaijani by Khazar University Press)
- Azerbejdżan i Rosja : kolonializm, islam i narodowość w podzielonym kraju, ISP PAN, 1998
- Historical Dictionary of Azerbaijan (co-author, 1999)
- Azerbejdżan, Warszawa, Trio, 2006
- Скончался известный польский специалист по современной истории Азербайджана. 1news.az, 16.02.2017
- "Tadeusz Swietochowski (Monmouth University)". Columbia.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- "CESS Honorary Members". Cess.muohio.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- Vicken Cheterian. Uncontested ruler of Azerbaijan // Le Monde diplomatique, February 2006.
- Tadeusz Swietochowski. Azerbaijan: The Hidden Faces of Islam // World Policy Journal. Volume XIX, No 3, Fall 2002.
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|