Tadoule Lake is an isolated northern community in Manitoba reachable by plane, snowmobile, and dog team sleds. In 1973, the Sayisi Dene moved here to return to their Barren-ground Caribou hunting life.
The community located on the northwest shore of Tadoule Lake is served by Tadoule Lake Airport.
The registered population of the First Nation as of March, 2013 was 772 with 311 members living on-reserve and 461 members living off-reserve. The territory of Sayisi Dene consists of Churchill 1, IRI with 212.10 hectares  and is governed by a Chief and three councillors.
Official Name: Sayisi Dene First Nation The postal address and postal code is: GENERAL DELIVERY, TADOULE LAKE, MB R0B 2C0
|Canada census – Tadoule Lake community profile|
|Population:||321 (-2.7% from 2006)||330 (+4.4% from 2001)|
|Land area:||2.03 km2 (0.78 sq mi)||2.06 km2 (0.80 sq mi)|
|Population density:||158.2/km2 (410/sq mi)||162.6/km2 (421/sq mi)|
|Median age:||31.6 (M: 32.0, F: 31.3)||29.7 (M: 29.8, F: 29.7)|
|Total private dwellings:||141||120|
|Median household income:|
|References: 2011 2006 earlier|
- Michael Riordon. "An Unauthorized Biography of the World: Oral History on the Front Lines, Ts'eouli -- Floating Ashes". oralhistory-productions.org. Between the Lines, Toronto, Canada, 2005. Retrieved 2007-10-12.
- "AANDC (Sayisi Dene First Nation )". Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- Bussidor, Ila and Bilgen-Reinart, Űstűn."Night Spirits - The Story of the Relocation of the Sayisi Dene" The University of Manitoba Press ISBN 0-88755-643-4
- Davison, W. L. Geology Tadoule Lake. 1962.
- Dredge, L. A., F. M. Nixon, and R. J. Richardson. Tadoule Lake, Manitoba surficial geology. Preliminary series (Geological Survey of Canada), map 1981-17. 1982.
|This Manitoba location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|