Tafsir Ishraq Al-Ma'ani
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Author||Syed Iqbal Zaheer|
|Published||Iqra Publication, Bangalore, India|
|Media type||Print (hardcover) (14 volumes)|
Tafsir Ishraq al-Ma’ani is a commentary of the Qur'an (tafsir) in English language, by an Indian Islamic scholar Syed Iqbal Zaheer, who was an editor of the Bangalore-based weekly Islamic magazine Young Muslim Digest. This 14-volume commentary is considered a quintessence of Qur'anic commentaries, for both traditional and modern tafsirs.
The tafsir discusses as to how the Qur'an was understood by those who received it first: the Prophet Muhammad, his immediate followers (sahabah), and further in order of interest and importance how the scholars of Islam have in every age. It also presents useful notes, variant notes, variant opinions, anecdotes and legal points – from commentaries old and new.
The following is the list of authors/books cited/quoted.
- Ahmed: Musnad by Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal.
- Al-Arba'ah:Kitab al-Fiqh 'ala Madhahib al-Arba'ah by Abdul Rahman al-Jaziri.
- Albani: Muhammad Nasiruddin Albani, Silsilah al-Ahadith al-sahiha.
- Al-Kabir: Al-Tafsir Al-Kabir, Tafsir notes of Imam ibn Taymiyyah(d.728 A.H) collected by Dr.'Abdul Rahman 'Umayrah.
- Alusi/Ruh: Ruh al Ma'ani Fi Tafsir Qur'an al Azim Wa al Sab' al Mathani by shihab al Din Sayyid Mahmood Alusi(d.1291 A.H)
- Asad: The Message of the Qur'an by Muhammed Asad(d.1412 A.H.)
- Awn al-Ma'bud: Sharh Sunan Abi Da'ud, Muhammad Shams al-Haq al-'Azimabadi.
- Futh/Ibn Hajr: Futh al-Bari bi Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari, by Hafiz Ahmed b. Ali ibn Hajr al-'Asqalani (d.852 A.H.)
- Hussain: Hussain b Ibrahim Zahran, ed Tafsir ibn Kathir.
- Ibn Is-haq: 'Life of the prophet', by Muhammad ibn Ishaq.
- Ibn Jarir/Tabari: Jami' al Bayan Fi Tafsir al Qur'an by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari (d.310 A.H.).
- Ibn Kathir: Tafsir al Qur'an al Azim by 'Imad al Din Abul Fida Isma'il ibn 'Amr ibn Kathir (d.774 A.H.).
- Ibn Qayyim: Al-Tafsir Al-Qayyim, by Shamsuddin Muhammad b. Abi Bakr Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (d.751 A.H.) collected by Muhammad Uways Al-Nadwi.
- Jami' Saghir: Faid al-Qadir Sharh Jami' Saghir (of Jalaluddin Suyuti) by Muhammad 'Abdul Ra'uf al-Munawi.
- Lughat: Lughat al-Qur'an (Urdu) by Maulana Abdul Rashid No'mani.
- Ma'arif/Shafi':Ma'arif al Qur'an by Mufti Muhammad Shafi'Deobandi.
- Majid: Holy Qur'an Translation and commentary by Abdul Majid Daryabadi (English)
- Majidi: Holy Quran Translation and commentary by Abdul Majid Daryabadi (Urdu)
- Mawdudi/Tafhim: Tafhim al-Qur'an by Sayyid Abul A'la Mawdudi (d.1979 C.E.)
- Muwatta': Muwatta' by Imam Malik ibn Anas
- Nawawi: Sharh Sahih Muslim by Imam Sharfuddin Al-Nawawi (d.261 A.H.)
- Qurtubi: Al Jam'i Lil Ahkam al Qur'an by Abu 'Abdullah Muhammad ibn Ahmad al Ansari al Qurtubi (d.671 A.H.)
- Raghib: Mu'jam Mufradat al-Qur'an by al-Raghib al-Asfahani.
- Rawa'e: Rawa'e' al-Bayan Tafsir Ayat al-Ahkam by Muhammad 'Ali Sabuni.
- Razi: Tafsir al Fakhr al Razi by Muhammad al-Razi Fakhr al Din ibn Dia al Din 'Umar(d.604 A.H).
- Sabuni: Safwatu al Tafsir by Muhammad 'Ali Sabuni (may Allah length his life).
- Shabbir/'Uthmani: Al-Qur'an al-Karim, Commentary by Shabbir Ahmed 'Uthmani.
- Shanqiti: “Adwa' al-Bayan, Fi Idahi Al-Qur'an bi 'al-Qur'an” by Muhammad Al-Amin b.Muhammad Al-Mukhtar Al-Jakani Al-Shanqiti.
- Sayyid Qutb/Qutb/Zilal: Fi Zilal al-Qur'an by Sayyid Qutb(d.1386 A.H.)
- Shawkani: Al-Fath al-Qadir by Muhammad ibn 'Ali Shawkani(d.1255 A.H.)
- S.Ibrahim: Sayyid Ibrahim, ed.Fath al-Qadir of Shawkani.
- Thanwi/Bayan:Bayan al Qur'an by Ashraf 'Ali Thanwi(d.1361 A.H.)
- Tuhfah: Tuhfah al-Ahwazi bi Sharh Jami' al-Tirmidhi by Muhammad ibn 'Abdul Rahman Mubarakpuri.
- Yusuf Ali:The Glorious Koran, Meaning and Translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.
- Zamakhshari/Kashshaf: Haqa'iq al-Tanzil Wa 'Uyun al-Aqawil Fi Wujuh at-Ta'wil by Abu al-Qasim Jarallah Mahmood b.'Umar al-Zamakhshari(d.538 A.H.)
- Zarkashi: Al-Burhan Fi 'Ulum al-Qur'an by Badruddin Muhammad bin 'Abdullah al-Zarkashi.