Taft, Eastern Samar
St. James the Greater Parish Church during the Simbang Gabi 2016
|Motto: Diri natumba, naluros nala|
Map of Northern Samar with Taft highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||Lone district of E. Samar|
|• Mayor||Marian June E. Libanan|
|• Total||231.27 km2 (89.29 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||82/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)55|
It is bounded on the north by the town of Can-avid and on the south-southeast by the town of Sulat.
- Del Remedios
- Lomatud (Burak)
- Poblacion Barangay 1
- Poblacion Barangay 2
- Poblacion Barangay 3
- Poblacion Barangay 4
- Poblacion Barangay 5
- Poblacion Barangay 6 (Bliss)
- San Luis
- San Pablo
- San Rafael
Taft is one of the ancient pueblos in Samar situated in the eastern coast which was called Tubabao or Tubabaw in early times. This town was originally named after the river called Malinaw, but since the river causes heavy floods during rainy season, people began calling the place Tubig, which means water in Waray-Waray.
|Population census of Taft|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
The population of Taft, Eastern Samar, in the 2015 census was 18,915 people, with a density of 82 inhabitants per square kilometre or 210 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Province: Eastern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Kobak, Cantius (2002). Historical Sketches of the Pueblos of Samar and Leyte: 1580-1900. Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Unpublished. p. 724 - 760.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Province of Eastern Samar". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Paranas, Samar||Philippine Sea|