|Video game developer|
|Industry||Computer and video games|
|Products||Angry Birds Action!
Downton Abbey: Mysteries of the Manor
Moshi Monsters Village
Cat Tap Fever
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Dr Who: The Mazes of Time
Car Jack Streets
Number of employees
Tag Games Ltd. is an independent video game developer and publisher based in Dundee, Scotland. Established in 2006, it is focuses on creating games for mobile, tablet and wearable platforms and was one of the first European studios to develop titles for both the iPhone and iPad.
Tag is a certified member of the UK game industry trade association The Independent Games Developers Association (TIGA). The firm is based in Scotland in the city of Dundee, which is a recognised hub for computer game development.
Paul Farley, Jamie Bryan and Robert Henning founded Tag Games in 2006. Paul Farley and Jamie Bryan had previously been part of development teams at DMA Design and Vis Entertainment where they worked on titles such as Grand Theft Auto, Space Station Silicon Valley and State of Emergency.
In June 2011 the studio released its first free-to-play mobile game, Funpark Friends. The game was later nominated for IMGA, Bafta and Herald Scotland mobile games awards, winning the Herald Scotland best Scottish Mobile Game 2011. The studio has since gone on to develop a number of free-to-play titles, including Angry Birds Action, Downton Abbey: Mysteries of the Manor and Moshi Monsters Village.
In chronological order:
|Granny In Paradise||--||mobile|
|All Stars Darts||--||iPhone|
|Car Jack Streets||2008||mobile/iPhone/DS/PSP/Vita TV|
|Smash it Up||--||iPhone|
|Red Ball Challenge||--||iPhone||Endemol|
|B-Boy Beats||--||iPhone||Mobile Pie|
|Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time||2011||iOS/Android||BBC|
|Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes||2013||iOS/Android||Ubisoft|
|Moshi Monsters Village||2014||iOS/Android/kindle||Mindcandy|
|Cat Tap Fever||2014||iOS||505 Games|
|Downton Abbey: Mysteries of the Manor||2015||iOS/Android/Kindle||Activision|
|Angry Birds Action!||2016||iOS/Android||Rovio Entertainment|
- Stuart, Keith (16 January 2009). "Tag Games and the wonder of iPhone". London: Guardian.
- "TIGA: Representing the Games Industry". Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Dundee’s Computer Games Industry ‘Vibrant’". Dundee SNP. 1 September 2010.
- Jon Jordan. "Daring to be different: Tag Games on the move from GTA to Granny in Paradise (and back again)". Pocket Gamer.
- "Tag Games' Funpark Friends wins Herald Scotland Digital Business Award 2011 for best Scottish game". Pocket Gamer. 31 October 2011.
- "Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes coming to iOS and Android". Joystiq.