Mafi at BookCon in 2018
November 9, 1988 (30)
Connecticut, United States
|Alma mater||Soka University|
|Genre||Young Adult literature|
|Notable works||Shatter Me|
|Spouse||Ransom Riggs (m. 2013–present)|
Mafi was born in November 9, 1988,in a small town in Connecticut. She is the youngest child of her family and has four older brothers. Mafi's parents are immigrants from Iran. At age 12 she moved with her family to Northern California and at age 14 they moved to Orange County.
Mafi graduated from University High School in Irvine, California. She later graduated from Soka University of America in Aliso Viejo, California. She has varying levels of competency in eight different languages. She studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain for a semester in college. During this trip she had the opportunity to be fully immersed in the Spanish language.
Shatter Me was published on November 15, 2011. Since then, Unravel Me (published on February 5, 2013) and Ignite Me (published on February 4, 2014) have been published. Mafi also has two e-books that go with the Shatter Me series, Destroy Me and Fracture Me. Film rights to Shatter Me have been purchased by 20th Century Fox films.
In April 2017, Mafi announced another trilogy in the Shatter Me universe following the same cast of characters. The first installment, Restore Me, is told from a dual-POV from Juliette Ferrars and Warner, the protagonist and antagonist, respectively, in the original trilogy. Restore Me was published on March 6, 2018.
Mafi's next book, A Very Large Expanse of Sea, was released on October 16, 2018. It was longlisted for the 2018 National Book Award for Young People's Literature.
Mafi currently resides in Santa Monica, California, where she continues to write. In 2013 she married author Ransom Riggs. In March 2017, Mafi announced she was pregnant via Twitter. She gave birth to a daughter on 30 May 2017.
The shatter me series
- Shatter Me (2011)
- Unravel Me (2013)
- Ignite Me (2014)
- Restore Me (2018)
- Defy Me (2019)
- Imagine Me (2020)
- Destroy Me (2012)
- Fracture Me (2013)
- Unite Me (2014) (Compilation of Destroy Me and Fracture Me)
- Shadow Me (2019)
- Reveal Me (2019)
- Find Me (2019) (Compilation of Shadow Me and Reveal Me)
- Furthermore (2016)
- Whichwood (2017)
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea (2018)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tahereh Mafi.|
- "Tahereh Mafi Bio". Epic Readers: Your World. Your Books. HarperCollins Publishing.
- Minzesheimer, Bob (17 November 2011). "New Voices". USA Today. Academic Search Complete. p. 2d. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Not Just for Kids: Author Tahereh Mafi discusses 'Shatter Me'". LA Times. 2011-11-28. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "Welcome to Tahereh Mafi's dystopia in the 'Shatter Me' series". GMA News Online. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "Tahereh Mafi". Tahereh Mafi: young Adult Author. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "'Shatter Me' author Tahereh Mafi previews next project, 'Furthermore'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "National Book Awards 2018 – National Book Foundation". www.nationalbook.org. Retrieved 2018-10-11.
- Kellogg, Carolyn (2014-01-09). "Ransom Riggs and Tahereh Mafi's home for bestselling authors". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "The Future of Books Is Experimental: At Home with Tahereh Mafi and Ransom Riggs". Mental Floss. Retrieved 2016-04-20.