|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ranaghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Ranaghat Uttar Paschim|
Nadia district is mostly alluvial plains lying to the east of Hooghly River, locally known as Bhagirathi. The alluvial plains are cut across by such distributaries as Jalangi, Churni and Ichhamati. With these rivers getting silted up, floods are a recurring feature.
Rananghat and Taherpur police stations have jurisdiction over Ranaghat, Birnagar, Taherpur and Ranaghat I CD Block.The total area covered by the Taherpur police station is 154.74 km2 and the population covered is 173,926 (2001 census).
As per the 2011 Census of India, Taherpur (Notified Area + Out Growth) had a total population of 38,039, of which 19,410 (51%) were males and 18,629 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 3,200. The total number of literates in Taherpur was 30,166 (86.59% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Taherpur had a population of 20,060. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Taherpur has an average literacy rate of 80%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 76%. In Taherpur, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Places to See
Old & New Church at Christian Para, Picnic Garden in E Block, Dashami Mela at Thaerpur Netaji high school ground, All Bengal Cricket Tournament organised by Netaji Subhas Sangha, All Bengal Night Football Tournament By Tarun Shangha.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns". Census of India 2001, Urban Frame. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-10-06.
- Gangopadhyay, Basudev, Paschimbanga Parichay, 2001, (in Bengali), p. 70, Sishu Sahitya Sansad
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Nadia". Table 2.1. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Nadia District Police". Police Unit. West Bengal Police. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Taherpur Police Station Details". Nadia Police. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|