Chong playing for Manchester United U18s in November 2017
|Date of birth||4 December 1999|
|Place of birth||Willemstad, Curaçao|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Right winger|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:20, 5 May 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 11:37, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
He has played for the Netherlands national team from under-15 to under-21 level.
Chong was born in Willemstad, Curaçao, and is of Chinese descent. He later moved to Rotterdam, Netherlands, in order to pursue a move to a professional club. Upon completing a move to Manchester United, Chong's parents also moved to England.
Chong joined the youth ranks of Eredivisie club Feyenoord aged 10, and had attracted interest from several Premier League clubs by the age of 16. In September 2014, Chong took part in the Manchester Premier Cup at the Carrington Training Ground, where he was spotted by Manchester United scouts. In early 2016, Chong was on the verge of joining Chelsea.
In April 2016, Chong announced that he was to join Manchester United after Feyenoord failed to "make a plan" for him. The transfer was made official three months later upon receiving international clearance. Initially linking up with the Under-18s, Chong scored his club's only goal of their 2016–17 FA Youth Cup campaign as they suffered a third round exit to Southampton. The following month, he was ruled out for the remainder of the season after suffering a cruciate ligament injury. Making his return 10 months later for the Under-23s, Chong went on to be named the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year in May 2018.
2018–19 season: Senior debuts
In July 2018, Chong was called up to the first team for their pre-season tour in the United States. In their opening game, he featured as a second-half substitute in a 1–1 draw against Club América, followed by starting in their goalless draw against the San Jose Earthquakes. Chong also made cameo appearances in defeats to Liverpool and Bayern Munich.
On 23 October, he was named as an unused substitute for the first time in United's 1–0 defeat to Juventus in the Champions League. Following the appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjær as caretaker manager, Chong was named as a substitute in a 2–0 win at Newcastle United. Three days later, he made his competitive debut replacing Juan Mata in the 62nd minute of a 2–0 FA Cup victory against Reading. Chong made his Premier League debut on 2 March 2019, replacing Marcus Rashford in the 95th minute of United's 3–2 win over Southampton. On 6 March, Chong made his UEFA Champions League debut, coming off the bench in the 80th minute of a 3–1 win against Paris Saint-Germain in a Round of 16 second leg match.
At the end of the season, Chong was voted Manchester United's Under-23s Player of the Year, picking up the Denzil Haroun Reserve Player of the Year award. In doing so, he became the first player since Giuseppe Rossi to win the award the year after also being named the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year (Axel Tuanzebe is also won both awards, but his were separated by two years).
- As of match played 5 May 2019
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||EFL Cup||Europe||Total|
|Manchester United||2018–19||Premier League||2||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||4||0|
- Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year: 2017–18
- Denzil Haroun Reserve Player of the Year: 2018–19
- "Tahith Chong Profile, News & Stats". Premier League. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Manchester United gets zero on demand: "I just want to stay at Feyenoord"". Voetbal Primeur (in Dutch). 26 January 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Bird, Jeorge (24 June 2016). "Chong confirms his parents will move to England once he joins Man United". Squawka. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Sixteen-year-old Feyenoord wonderkid confirms Manchester United move". The 42. TheJournal.ie. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Jones, Simon (15 September 2014). "Manchester United set to swoop for Feyenoord's 15-year-old midfield prodigy Tahith Chong". Daily Mail. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Burton, Chris (11 January 2019). "Revealed: How Man Utd snatched Chong from under the nose of Chelsea". Goal.com. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Dixon, James (28 April 2016). "Feyenoord starlet Tahith Chong confirms Manchester United move". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Tahith Chong". ManUtd.com. Manchester United. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Olver, Tom (12 December 2016). "Tahith Chong scores incredible goal for Manchester United against Southampton in FA Youth Cup". The Metro. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Mathieson, Stuart (30 January 2017). "Manchester United starlet Tahith Chong is hit with serious injury setback". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Marshall, Adam (1 May 2018). "Tahith Chong wins Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year award for 2017/18". ManUtd.com. Manchester United. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Thompson, Gemma (20 July 2018). "Tour 2018 Match Report: United 1 Club America 1". ManUtd.com. Manchester United. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Thompson, Gemma (23 July 2018). "Tour 2018 Match Report: San Jose Earthquakes 0 United 0". ManUtd.com. Manchester United. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Thompson, Gemma (29 July 2018). "Tour 2018 Match Report: United 1 Liverpool 4". ManUtd.com. Manchester United. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Froggatt, Mark (5 August 2018). "Match Report: Bayern Munich 1 United 0". ManUtd.com. Manchester United. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Bevan, Chris (23 October 2018). "Manchester United 0–1 Juventus". BBC Sport. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Johnston, Neil (2 January 2019). "Newcastle United 0–2 Manchester United". BBC Sport. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Davis, Matt (5 January 2019). "Manchester United 2–0 Reading". BBC Sport. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Johnston, Neil (2 March 2019). "Manchester United 3–2 Southampton". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Hafez, Shamoon (6 March 2019). "Champions League: PSG 1–3 Man Utd (agg: 3–3)". BBC Sport. Retrieved 6 March 2019.
- Marshall, Adam (9 May 2019). "Tahith Chong voted Under-23s Player of the Year". ManUtd.com. Manchester United. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- Boyle, Jonny (16 May 2016). "Tahith Chong Shows Manchester United Fans What He Can Do in Holland U17 Game". Talking Baws. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Tahith Chong at Soccerway. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Chong wins Young Player of the Year". Manchester United. 1 May 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "Tahith Chong voted under-23s Player of the Year". Manchester United. 9 May 2019. Retrieved 11 May 2019.