Taiga (project management)
|Developer(s)||Taiga Agile, LLC|
|Initial release||October 7, 2014|
3.1.1 Perovskia Atriplicifolia / February 19, 2018
|Written in||Python, Django, AngularJS|
|Type||Project management system|
|License||GNU Affero General Public License|
Taiga is a free and open-source project management system for startups, Agile developers, and designers. Its frontend is written in AngularJS and CoffeeScript; backend, in Django and Python. Taiga is released under GNU Affero General Public License.
Taiga is a project management application that can handle both simple and complex projects for startups, software developers, and other target teams. It tracks the progress of a project. With Taiga, you can use either Kanban or Scrum template, or both. Backlogs are shown as a running list of all features and User Stories added to the project.
The on-premise version of Taiga can be downloaded from its github repositories and used for free.
This project management system can interface with web-based version control repositories like GitHub and Bitbucket. Taiga also provides several importers to facilitate migration from other proprietary software platforms.
Taiga formally came with the creation of Taiga Agile, LLC in February 2014 that provided the formal structure for the Taiga project. But its origins went back with the team at Kaleidos, a Madrid-based software company that initiated week-long hack-a-thons dedicated to personal improvement and prototyping of internal projects (of which Taiga was one).
Taiga won the 2015 Most Valued Agile Tool awarded by the Agile Portal. It's been cited as one of "Top 10 open source projects in 2014" and "Top 11 project management tools for 2016" by Opensource.com.
- "CHANGELOG.md". Taiga.io. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "Taiga". Taiga. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Taiga Documentation". Taiga. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "License". Github. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Taiga.io Python-based agile project management platform". Quintagroup. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Schick, quelloffen und agil: Das kann das Projektmanagement-Tool Taiga". Yeebase Media. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- "HipChat Integration". Taiga.io. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- "Taiga". PCMag Digital Group. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Taiga, a new open source project management tool with focus on usability". Opensource.com. 24 Oct 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "The Top 7 Open Source Project Management Tools". Shareable. 15 Dec 2015. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "The 2015 Agile Awards". Yoh. 12 Nov 2015. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- "Top 10 open source projects of 2014". Opensource. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- "Top 11 project management tools for 2016". Opensource. Retrieved 30 March 2016.