Tailgate Clothing Company
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tailgate Clothing Company, Corp. is a private clothing company with design offices in New York City, NY and distribution in Ankeny, IA. The company was established in 1997 by Todd Snyder and Steve King as a multi-tier lifestyle clothing company that appeals to the 18- to 30-year-old male and female consumer and is sold in retailers in the USA and Japan. The company designs and manufactures its products for sale in specialty boutiques like Fred Segal, Scoop, American Rag, and E Street Denim. Their products are also sold in larger retailers like Saks and Barneys.
Tailgate Clothing, Co. re-creates vintage collegiate and classic American sportswear by incorporating vintage manufacturing methods, workmanship, and attention to detail. Weathered graphics and vintage washes produce an authentic, worn-in feel to the fabric. Their look and feel has appeared in GQ, Details Magazine, and Daily News Record magazine. With increasing exposure in the market, their product has been featured on national TV, in box office movies, and in top name magazines. Matt LeBlanc wore multiple Tailgate T-shirts on Joey, Zac Efron wore a Lexington, TX BBQ Pit T-shirt on Saturday Night Live, and Timothy Olyphant is wearing a Tailgate oatmeal henley shirt in the upcoming movie A Perfect Getaway. A Tailgate "Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival" T-shirt is worn by Sam Trammell in Season 2 of the HBO series, True Blood (Episode 3 - "Scratches"). Tommy Lee wore a Tailgate T-shirt in GQ Magazine. Reggie Bush wore a pair of Tailgate chinos in GQ Magazine 
The two founders are originally from Iowa. While working together at Polo Ralph Lauren in New York, they discovered a common passion for vintage T-shirts. The two decided to create a brand that would replicate the feeling of walking into a vintage store and finding unique items from America’s past.
Todd Snyder is currently the Creative Director of Tailgate Clothing Co. He is a Huxley, Iowa native with a degree in Apparel Design from Iowa State University. He has 17 years of experience in fashion design including careers with Old Navy, Polo Ralph Lauren, and J. Crew as the Vice President of Men’s Design. In August 2008, Todd (along with Jenna Lyons Mazeau) was named to “Fashion’s 50 Most Powerful” by the New York Daily News.
Steve King is currently the President of Tailgate Clothing Co. He is a Nevada, Iowa native with a degree in Apparel Design from Iowa State University. He has 16 years of experience in fashion design including careers with Polo Ralph Lauren and J. Crew.
- "Tailgate 'look' a huge success". M.dmregister.com. 2008-05-13. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- "Joey Pictures, Matt Leblanc Photos, Miguel Nunez Jr. Pics - Photo Gallery: Joey". Tvguide.com. 2004-09-09. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- Nussbaum, Danielle. "Zac Efron Does SNL: People Are Talking About: Industry Insider". teenvogue.com. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- Pictures & Photos from A Perfect Getaway - IMDb
- "True Blood and Sam's 'Boggy Bayou Mullet ' tshirt". Loving True Blood in Dallas. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- "GQ: Rock & Roll Seersucker: GQ Features on". Men.style.com. Retrieved 2009-07-07.[dead link]
- "Hot Guys: Reggie Bush". Hotguypics.blogspot.com. 2007-02-15. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- Kroll, Betsy. "TIME Style & Design Fall 2005: Todd Snyder & Jenna Lyons - Fall 2005 Style & Design". Time.com. Archived from the original on May 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- "J.Crew Aficionada: J.Crew's Snyder and Lyons: Fashion's Most Powerful". Jcrewaficionada.blogspot.com. 2008-08-29. Retrieved 2009-07-07.