Taimak at Florida Supercon 2014
June 27, 1964 |
Los Angeles, California
|Occupation||Actor, Martial Artist, Stuntman|
Taimak (pronounced Tie-Mock) Guarriello (born June 27, 1964) is a martial arts actor and stuntman, best known as Leroy Green in the 1985 martial arts film The Last Dragon. He was born in New York, to a black mother, and an Italian father.
Taimak's leading role in Berry Gordy’s The Last Dragon, in which he played Leroy Green, a Bruce Lee-inspired martial artist in search of "The Glow", was his first major break in acting. The film was a financial success and grossed more than $25 million at the box office.
Since The Last Dragon, Taimak has appeared in a number of TV roles and over a dozen plays.
Taimak later appeared in a number of TV roles and music videos including the lead male in Janet Jackson's "Let's Wait Awhile" music video, Debbie Allen's "Special Look" video. He played a date rapist on an episode of the TV show A Different World. He appeared in 36 Crazyfists' music video "Bloodwork".
Taimak has worked with a number of celebrities including Madonna and starred in the play Cheaters, which toured the United States. He starred in a hit Off-Broadway show in 2004 called Roadhouse The Comedy, based on the Patrick Swayze film Road House.
In addition to his acting career, Taimak operates a gym on the Manhattan's East Side in New York city called Fitness Concepts, which he opened in 2002. However, due to time constraints, he has since parted ways with the partner but may reconsider re-opening another gym in the future. In the interim, Taimak completed Taimak FIT (Find Inner Transformation) the first installment of a series of fitness DVDs.
He is an accomplished martial artist and has received black belts in Goju Ryu Karate, Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun, Hapkido, Jujutsu, and Tae Kwon Do. He studied Chinese Goju under "The Black Dragon", Ron Van Clief.
He is continuing to perform onstage and has recently packaged a film he has written and directed called "I've Seen Things".
- They're Just My Friends (2006) as Captain Taimak
- The System Within (2006) as Pastor Ricky
- Book of Swords (2005) as Lucky
- Third Watch as Spider (1 episode, 2004)
- "Family Ties: Part 2" (2004) TV episode (as Taimak Guarriello) as Spider
- Night Class (2001) as Kick boxing instructor
- Masquerade (2000) (TV)
- Beverly Hills, 90210
- I Will Be Your Father Figure (2000) TV episode (as Taimak Guarriello) as Barback
- That's the Guy (1999) TV episode (as Taimak Guari) as The Bartender
- Dog's Best Friend (1999) TV episode (as Taimak Guari) as The Bartender
- Dreamers (1999) as Sam
- Red Shoe Diaries
- The Forbidden Zone (1996) TV episode as Zoner
- WMAC Masters
- "Battle of the Brothers" (1996) TV episode as Striking Eagle
- Kickback with Scott Pastore (1994) TV series as Guest
- No More Dirty Deals (1993) as Sean Halloway
- The White Girl (1990) as Bob
- A Different World
- "No Means No" (1989) TV episode as Garth Parks
- The Last Dragon (1985) as Leroy Green
- Madonna: Drowned World Tour 2001 (2001) (TV) (martial arts coordinator) (as Taimak Guarriello)
- Acapulco Black Film Festival (2000) (TV) as Himself
- Singled Out
- Episode dated 13 December 1995 (1995) TV episode as Taimuk
- "Taimak". The New York Times.
- Maslin, Janet (March 22, 1985). "The Last Dragon (1985) FILM: SCHULTZ DIRECTS 'LAST DRAGON'". The New York Times.
- McCarthy, "Big" John (1 September 2011). Let's Get It On!: The Making of MMA and Its Ultimate Referee. Medallion Press. p. 190. ISBN 978-1-60542-200-8.