Taimak at the 2014 Florida Supercon
June 27, 1964
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Residence||New York City, New York|
|Occupation||Actor, martial artist, stuntman|
Taimak Guarriello (// aka Taimak; born June 27, 1964) is an American martial arts champion, actor and stuntman whom is best known for his lead role as Leroy Green in the 1985 Sony Pictures cult classic film The Last Dragon.
Known personal life
Taimak's leading role in Berry Gordy’s The Last Dragon, in which he played Leroy Green, a Bruce Lee-inspired martial artist in search of "The Glow", was his first major break in acting. The film was a financial success and grossed more than $25 million at the box office.
Since The Last Dragon, Taimak has appeared in a number of TV roles and over a dozen plays.
Taimak later appeared in a number of TV roles and music videos including the lead male in Janet Jackson's "Let's Wait Awhile" music video, Debbie Allen's "Special Look" video. He played a date rapist on an episode of the TV show A Different World. He appeared in 36 Crazyfists' music video "Bloodwork".
Taimak has worked with a number of celebrities including Madonna and starred in the play Cheaters, which toured the United States. He starred in a hit Off-Broadway show in 2004 called Roadhouse The Comedy, based on the Patrick Swayze film Road House.
In addition to his acting career, Taimak operated a gym on the Manhattan's East Side in New York city called Fitness Concepts, that he opened in 2002. However, due to time constraints, he has since parted ways with the partner but may reconsider re-opening another gym in the future. In the interim, Taimak completed Taimak FIT (Find Inner Transformation) the first installment of a series of fitness DVDs.
He is an accomplished martial artist and has received black belts in Goju Ryu Karate, Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun, Hapkido, Jujutsu, Taekwondo & Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He studied Chinese Goju under "The Black Dragon", Ron Van Clief.
He wrote and directed called I've Seen Things.
In March 2016, Incorgnito Publishing Press published Taimak's autobiography, Taimak The Last Dragon which is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Taimak will also star in the martial arts comedy film Fury of the fist, co-written by Sean Stone son of Oliver Stone & also starring Danny Trejo due for release in select theaters & VOD on May 25, 2018.
- Fury of the fist (2018) as Dragon
- They're Just My Friends (2006) as Captain Taimak
- The System Within (2006) as Pastor Ricky
- Book of Swords (2005) as Lucky
- Third Watch as Spider (1 episode, 2004)
- "Family Ties: Part 2" (2004) TV episode (as Taimak Guarriello) as Spider
- Night Class (2001) as Kick boxing instructor
- Masquerade (2000) (TV)
- Beverly Hills, 90210
- I Will Be Your Father Figure (2000) TV episode (as Taimak Guarriello) as Barback
- That's the Guy (1999) TV episode (as Taimak Guari) as The Bartender
- Dog's Best Friend (1999) TV episode (as Taimak Guari) as The Bartender
- Dreamers (1999) as Sam
- Red Shoe Diaries
- The Forbidden Zone (1996) TV episode as Zoner
- WMAC Masters
- "Battle of the Brothers" (1996) TV episode as Striking Eagle
- Kickback with Scott Pastore (1994) TV series as Guest
- No More Dirty Deals (1993) as Sean Halloway
- The White Girl (1990) as Bob
- A Different World
- "No Means No" (1989) TV episode as Garth Parks
- The Last Dragon (1985) as Leroy Green
- Madonna: Drowned World Tour 2001 (2001) (TV) (martial arts coordinator) (as Taimak Guarriello)
- Acapulco Black Film Festival (2000) (TV) as Himself
- Singled Out
- Episode dated 13 December 1995 (1995) TV episode as Taimuk
- "Taimak". The New York Times.
- Maslin, Janet (March 22, 1985). "The Last Dragon (1985) FILM: SCHULTZ DIRECTS 'LAST DRAGON'". The New York Times.
- McCarthy, "Big" John (1 September 2011). Let's Get It On!: The Making of MMA and Its Ultimate Referee. Medallion Press. p. 190. ISBN 978-1-60542-200-8.
- "2015 Urban Action Showcase International Action Film Festival & Honoree Awards". YouTube. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taimak.|