Taimak at the 2014 Florida Supercon
June 27, 1964
|Residence||New York City, New York|
|Occupation||Actor, martial artist, stuntman|
Taimak Guarriello (born June 27, 1964), a.k.a. Taimak (//), is an American martial arts champion, actor and stuntman best known for his lead role as Leroy Green in the 1985 Sony Pictures cult classic film The Last Dragon.
Taimak's leading role in Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon, in which he played Leroy Green, a Bruce Lee-inspired martial artist in search of "The Glow", was his first major break in acting. The film was a financial success and grossed more than $25 million at the box office.
Since The Last Dragon, Taimak has appeared in a number of TV roles and over a dozen plays.
Taimak later appeared in a number of TV roles and music videos including the lead male in Janet Jackson's "Let's Wait Awhile" music video, Debbie Allen's "Special Look" video. He played a date rapist in an episode of the TV show A Different World. He appeared in 36 Crazyfists' music video "Bloodwork".
Taimak has worked with a number of celebrities, including Madonna, and starred in the play Cheaters, which toured the United States. He starred in a hit Off-Broadway show in 2004 called Roadhouse The Comedy, based on the Patrick Swayze film Road House.
In 2002, Taimak opened a gym called Fitness Concepts on the East Side (Manhattan) of Manhattan. Taimak has also published a fitness DVD titled "Taimak FIT (Find Inner Transformation)," intended to be the first of a series.
He is an accomplished martial artist and has received black belts in Goju Ryu Karate, Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun, Hapkido, Jujutsu, Taekwondo, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He studied Chinese Goju under "The Black Dragon", Ron Van Clief.
In March 2016, Incorgnito Publishing Press published Taimak's autobiography, Taimak, The Last Dragon.
- Fury of the Fist and the Golden Fleece (2018) as Dragon
- They're Just My Friends (2006) as Captain Taimak
- The System Within (2006) as Pastor Ricky
- Book of Swords (2005) as Lucky
- Third Watch as Spider (1 episode, 2004)
- "Family Ties: Part 2" (2004) TV episode (as Taimak Guarriello) as Spider
- Night Class (2001) as Kick boxing instructor
- Masquerade (2000) (TV)
- Beverly Hills, 90210
- I Will Be Your Father Figure (2000) TV episode (as Taimak Guarriello) as Barback
- That's the Guy (1999) TV episode (as Taimak Guari) as The Bartender
- Dog's Best Friend (1999) TV episode (as Taimak Guari) as The Bartender
- Dreamers (1999) as Sam
- Red Shoe Diaries
- The Forbidden Zone (1996) TV episode as Zoner
- WMAC Masters
- "Battle of the Brothers" (1996) TV episode as Striking Eagle
- Kickback with Scott Pastore (1994) TV series as Guest
- No More Dirty Deals (1993) as Sean Halloway
- The White Girl (1990) as Bob
- A Different World
- "No Means No" (1989) TV episode as Garth Parks
- The Last Dragon (1985) as Leroy Green
- Madonna: Drowned World Tour 2001 (2001) (TV) (martial arts coordinator) (as Taimak Guarriello)
- Acapulco Black Film Festival (2000) (TV) as Himself
- Singled Out
- Episode dated 13 December 1995 (1995) TV episode as Taimuk
- Taimak Guarriello (2016-03-19). Taimak, The Last Dragon. Incorgnito Publishing Press. ISBN 978-1944589110.
- Janet Maslin (1985-03-22). "The Last Dragon (1985) FILM: SCHULTZ DIRECTS 'LAST DRAGON'". The New York Times.
- McCarthy, "Big" John (2011). Let's Get It On!: The Making of MMA and Its Ultimate Referee. Medallion Press. p. 190. ISBN 978-1-60542-200-8.
- "2015 Urban Action Showcase International Action Film Festival & Honoree Awards". YouTube. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- Taimak on IMDb
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taimak.|