Taipa Ferry Terminal
|Taipa Ferry Terminal|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Portuguese||Terminal Marítimo de Passageiros da Taipa|
The Taipa Temporary Ferry Terminal (Portuguese: Terminal Marítimo Provisório da Taipa; Chinese: 氹仔臨時客運碼頭) was located a few meters north of the Macau International Airport. It was mainly served by Cotai Jet for services from the Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier, Hong Kong in Sheung Wan, Hong Kong SAR and the Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. It is now closed. The ferry terminal had two berths for hydrofoil and one for ferries, and served as a port of entry into Macau, with there being passport control desks - separated into those for Macau residents, Visitors (including Hong Kong identity card holders and Mainland China visitors) and Diplomats. There was also a visa-on-arrival application office for those who require a visa to enter Macau but had not applied prior to arriving at the ferry terminal. After that, behind the exit, was a customs zone.
Labelled as the 'Taipa Temporary Ferry Terminal', the structure was formally closed on 1 June 2017, and replaced by a new, permanent ferry terminal in the same location.
There is a bus stand outside the pier, as well as a taxi stand. The pier is situated very close to Macau International Airport - the cargo terminal can be seen as you walk from the ferry to the arrivals hall.
There are also buses to the casinos and resorts.
- 26 Bacia Norte do Patane to/from Coloane
- 51A The Praia to/from Avenida de Vale das Borboletas
- AP1 Portas do Cerco to/from Macau International Airport (circular)
- AP1X (express route) Portas do Cerco to/from Macau International Airport (circular)
- MT4 Portas do Cerco to/from Taipa Ferry Terminal
- 36 Rotunda Leonel Sousa to/from Macau International Airport (circular)
- MT1 Praceta 24 de Junho to/from Macau International Airport (circular)
- N2 Bacia Norte do Patane to/from Taipa Ferry Terminal (night bus)
Complimentary Shuttle Buses
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge Integrated Resort Connection (Taipa Line)
- The Venetian Macao
- City of Dreams
- MGM Grand Macau
- Wynn Macau
- Sands Macau
- Galaxy Macau
- Grand Lisboa
- Sands Cotai Central
- Pearl river (aka Zhujiang River)
- Transportation in Macau
- Chu Kong Passenger Transport Co., Ltd
- Transportas Companhia de Macau
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taipa Ferry Terminal.|