Taipei–Keelung metropolitan area
|Taipei–Keelung Metropolitan Area / Greater Taipei|
|• Metro||2,457.13 km2 (874.59 sq mi)|
|Population (End of May 2015)|
|• Metro density||2,867.0/km2 (8,054.8/sq mi)|
The Taipei–Keelung metropolitan area (Chinese: 臺北基隆都會區; pinyin: Táiběi-Jīlóng Dūhùiqū) or Greater Taipei area / region (大臺北地區) is the largest metropolitan area in Taiwan. The metropolitan area includes Taipei City, New Taipei City, and Keelung City.
(31 May 2015)
|New Taipei City||3,965,926||2,052.57||1,932.2|
|Taipei–Keelung metropolitan area||7,044,638||2,457.13||2,867.0|
|Taipei–Keelung–Taoyuan metropolitan area||9,126,803||3,678.08||2,481.4|
Due to the geographical characteristics of the area, the Taipei–Keelung metropolitan area roughly corresponds to areas located within the Taipei Basin. Taipei City serves as the core of the metropolitan area where the government of the Taiwan and major commercial districts are located.
The Taipei–Keelung metropolitan area is served by routes of the Taiwan Railway Administration (Western Line) and Taiwan High Speed Rail which connect the area with all parts of the island. For rapid transit, Taipei and New Taipei are served by the Taipei Metro with daily trips of over 2.0 million passengers.
An extensive bus system serves the metropolitan area.
- Administrative divisions of the Republic of China
- Geography of Taiwan
- List of metropolitan areas in Asia by population
- List of Taiwanese counties and cities by area
- List of Taiwanese counties and cities by population
- List of Taiwanese counties and cities by population density
- Political divisions of Taiwan (1895-1945)
- "鄉鎮市區人口及按都會區統計". Taiwan Ministry of Interior. 2013. Retrieved December 2013.
- World: metropolitan areas World Gazetteer, 2010
- Taipei: largest cities and towns and statistics of their population World Gazetteer, 2010