Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center MRT station
Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center station
|Location||No. 32, Sec. 1, Nangang Rd.
|Opened||4 July 2009|
|Passengers||53,891 daily (2016)
(Ranked 23rd of 109)
|Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center MRT station|
The Taipei Metro Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center station is located in Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan at the south end of Nangang Business Park (north of Nangang Road, Sec. 1). It is a terminal station on both Wenhu line and Bannan line, and serves the Nangang, Neihu, and Xizhi districts.
The station is a three-level, divided into an elevated and underground portion, each serving different lines. The elevated portion of the station serving the medium-capacity Wenhu line features an island platform and a platform elevator located on the west side of the concourse level. The station is 125 m (410 ft) long and 26 m (85 ft) wide, while the elevated platform is 93 m (305 ft) long. It is equipped with platform screen doors.
The station is a two-level, underground station high-capacity, and is also equipped with platform screen doors. It has an island platform and is 128 m (420 ft) long and 18.5 m (61 ft) meters wide. The station (serving the Blue Line eastern extension) passes through tunnels belonging to the Taiwan Railway Administration and Taiwan High Speed Rail before terminating at this station. The station is expected to serve as a transfer station for around 200,000 commuters per month. Preliminary inspections began on 9 January 2011, and the extension opened on 27 February 2011. The opening of the station is responsible for increasing the system's ridership by over 16,000 passengers per day.
Before Blue Line portion of the station was completed, the station already served as a transfer station via a free shuttle bus to Nangang Station. The shuttle bus service came to an end with the opening of Blue Line platform.
As one of the stations chosen for public art projects on the Neihu Line, the station design and artwork reflect the development of the adjacent business park. The design theme of the station is "Light and Shadow". The roof of the platform utilizes a large-span truss space and the sides of the platform use ripples to reflect sunlight. Public art consists of three pieces: "Fleeting Light", "Flying Shadow", and "River in the Sky". "Fleeting Light" uses images of flowing water to decorate the entrance columns, "Flying Shadow" is located outside the curtain wall, and "River in the Sky" (above the Neihu Line platform) shows the flickers of flowing water.
The Nangang Line concourse features a piece called "Our Personal Public Art" featuring LCD screen displaying images of chronicling the development of human civilization. In the underground passageway, another piece titled "Fast and Slow" has anodized aluminum panels and light panels controlled by motion sensors.
The station was initially going to be named Nangang Business Park South, but was later changed to its current name.
Construction of the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center station begins on 16 June 2003; and completed on 28 February 2009 for the Neihu Line, before opening on 4 July 2009.
Taipei Mayor Hau Lung-pin made a special inspection visit to the station to assess construction of the Bannan Line extension on 3 December 2010. Heat, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems had been completed, along with tunneling and trackwork. Stability testing of the electrical and mechanical systems were still ongoing.
The station passed preliminary inspections on 9 January 2011 before opening on 27 February 2011. The second and third phase inspections occurred in the following weeks. Although the extension opened at 2 PM, by 6 PM over 1.1 million people had used the entire system, a 229,000 passenger increase from the same period the previous week.
|3F||Platform 1||← Wenhu Line termination platform|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 2||→ Wenhu Line toward Taipei Zoo (BR23 Nangang Software Park) →|
|2F||Connecting Level||Air conditioning facilities and machinery |
|1F||Street Level||Exit to Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, lobby, information desk
automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates, restrooms
|Underground parking lot|
|Underground passage to exit A and Wenhu line Station|
|B2||Concourse||Entrance/Exit, lobby, information desk, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates, Restrooms|
|B3||Platform 1||→ Bannan Line toward Dingpu / Far Eastern Hospital (BL22 Nangang) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left/ right|
|Platform 2||→ Bannan Line toward Dingpu / Far Eastern Hospital (BL22 Nangang) →|
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Terminus||Wenhu line||Nangang Software Park
towards Taipei Zoo
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Route Map: Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center". Department of Rapid Transit Systems, TCG. 2010-10-29. Archived from the original on 2011-12-28. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- "Second Stage of Taipei MRT (Approved MRT Lines)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems, TCG. 2011-01-03. Archived from the original on 2010-02-07. Retrieved 2011-01-05.
- "MRT extension connecting Bannan, Wenhu completed". The China Post. 2011-02-28. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- "97年12月: B11站" (in Chinese). East District Project Office, Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2008-12-26. Archived from the original on 2011-03-09. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- "內湖線南港展覽館站施作中之月台層". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2007-01-01. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- 南港展覽館站 (in Chinese). East District Project Office, Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2008-12-26. Archived from the original on 2010-09-26. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- "MRT Nangang eastern extension passes preliminary inspection". Focus Taiwan News Channel. 2011-01-09. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "捷運南港線東延段全線預定100年初通車臺北市政府將於1月9日辦理初勘". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2011-01-07. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "MRT Nangang extension to start operations". Focus Taiwan News Channel. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- "Taipei MRT ready to join world's elite transportation network". Focus Taiwan News Channel. 2011-03-04. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "2 MRT lines to hook up at exhibition hall station". The China Post. 2011-01-10. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "( B11 ) Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center". Comprehensive Planning Division, Civil Engineering and Architectural Design Division. 2009-07-04. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
- "Public Art on the Neihu Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- "Public Art on the Nangang Eastern Extension". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "A Brief Introduction to the Neihu Line - Connecting to the Nangang Eastern Extension Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Mayor Hau Inspects Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center Station". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2010-12-03. Retrieved 2010-12-24.
- 東延段通 北捷運量破110萬 (in Chinese). The Liberty Times. 2011-02-27. Archived from the original on 2012-07-11. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "東區新脈–南港線東延段". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2005-07-01. Retrieved 2010-12-22.