|Location||Taiping, Perak, Malaysia|
|Land area||34 acres (14 ha)|
|No. of animals||1300|
|No. of species||180|
It is one of the major zoological parks in Malaysia. It covers 34 acres (14 ha) and exhibits 1300 animals representing 180 species of amphibians, mammals, and reptiles. It also has a night safari. As the only zoo in North Malaysia, it tends to receive a large amount of visitors. It houses the largest number of stump-tailed macaques in Malaysia, which is thirteen, compared to six at the National Zoo of Malaysia (Zoo Negara) and five at the Malacca Zoo.
- "SEAZA Membership List". seaza.org. SEAZA. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- Consolidate Taiping Zoo with Zoo Negara by MAK YIM SEONG, Kuala Lumpur, The Star, 15 Dec 2004
- Sister Zoo for Taiping Zoo Planned; BERNAMA News Services 27 Oct 2004; Sarawak Tribune, 28 Oct 2004
- The Department of Veterinary Services, Perak, Jabatan Perkhidmatan Haiwan, Perak.
- About the Zoo --About Us
- Night Safari --Night Safari Main
- Stump-Tailed Macaque --The Star
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taiping Zoo.|
|This article on a zoo, aquarium, safari park, dolphinarium, or aviary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|