From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Taiwan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Taiwan, officially the Republic of China (ROC), is a state in East Asia centered on the island of the same name.
Taiwan may also refer to:
- Chinese Taipei, the name used for Taiwan when participating in some international organizations
- Free area of the Republic of China, or Taiwan Area, the territory of Republic of China not lost to the Chinese Communists
- the area covered by the Taiwan Relations Act (the island of Taiwan and the Penghu archipelago, but not the outer islands)
- Taiwan Province, Republic of China, a nominal administrative division covering much of Taiwan and the Penghu Islands
- Taiwan Province, People's Republic of China, a political designation reflecting that state's claim of sovereignty
- "Taiwan, China", a controversial term presenting Taiwan as part of "China"
- Republic of Formosa, or Taiwan Republic, the republic that existed in Taiwan in 1895
- Taiwan Prefecture, a prefecture of the Qing Dynasty between 1684 and 1887
Tai Wan ("big bay") is the name of several places in Hong Kong, including:
- Tai Wan, Hung Hom, an area in Kowloon, which includes Tai Wan Road
- Tai Wan, a beach at Tai Long Wan, Sai Kung in the east of the New Territories
- Tai Wan, a bay and village on the island of Po Toi
- 2169 Taiwan, a main-belt asteroid
- ISO 3166-2:TW, a part of ISO 3166
- Taiwan Jones, an American football player
- Taiwan Jones (linebacker), an American football linebacker
- Taiwan, a Common fig cultivar from Thailand
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Taiwan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.